.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

JUST A THOUGHT:

As I was surfing through the channels this evening, I stopped briefly on Fox News and found myself closely watching Alan Colmes. It occurred to me that the more conservative "Fox" network was making use of the old CNN tactic of hiring buffoons to represent the opposing viewpoint. When they do present someone of the contrary persuasion, they choose a nimrod. CNN manned thier "right" leaning anchors with guys like Pat Buchanan who made republicans look so bad they still haven't recovered from the racist, narrow minded image that he and others at CNN helped to profilferate. And now Fox is doing it to the liberals. They put out nit wits like Alan Colmes that can't even follow the conversation. He is the talking head version of Harry Carry who never seemed to be sure of which team was playing the Cubs right in front of him. Between him and Geraldo, people will find it easier to believe that liberals are a bunch of low double digit I.Q's and social clods who want to kill babies and save criminals, When in fact, that is not the case.
And conservatives are not a bunch of bible beating, homophobic racists. If the differences were as severe as that, there would surely be civil war. So why would they do that?
What is to be gained from that?
One would might think someone was trying to divide and conquer some folk. Like marriage, so many of the ties that bind are being loosened. Those ties make up the fabric of our society. We shouldn't let it get all frayed.

MY DAD AND HIS WHITE GLOVE ARE HERE! I WILL BE BACK AFTER I VISIT FOR A LITTLE WHILE WITH SOMETHING VERY SURPRISING!

10 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOL, Annie (my name for anonymous folk) you made me laugh..


Meg

February 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a lifelong resident of Chicago I can say that anyone would have trouble seeing the infield, much less the ballplayers, with the amount of alcohol Harry was known to consume. Alan's just not knocking back that many wine spritzers.

As a veteran of the divorce process I think your swiftest route to real freedom is to let go of the anger. It certainly sounds like it is more than justified but you are enslaving your valuable attention to a most unworthy subject. He probably harmed you with the intention of creating enough emotional trauma to hold you back from ever getting away from him.

Good luck and best wishes.

February 08, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thank you for your comment. I respectfully argue with the term "anger". I went through anger last fall. Now, I am just a writer writing about what inspires me at the moment. I believe that if you read the entire blog, you will see that. I do admit, however, that I get a semi-sadistic, semi-gratifying thrill from it. But, seriously, I am using life to help inspire me. Anger would come out differently, AND, I would not hold back the things that I have held back. I am very delieberate in what I DO say. Thank you for coming!

Meg

February 08, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OH!!! I forgot the Chicago thing! Please, come and get me!

Meg

February 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's this? You're telling me the civil war is off?? Dag nabit! And after I've stocked up on Cheezits , whole-blood and Taqueray 10.
-Stacey

February 08, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Sorry dudette, we could just have a rumble in the park! I'll bring the champagne. Oh, and the green bean casserole.

Meg

February 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knockers Up!Today's conservative health information to make women healthier and "men" happier. (from Washington Post 2/7/05)

"Physician-Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), a new member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, was at last week's meeting on a bill restricting class-action suits. "You know," he said, "I immediately thought about silicone breast implants and the legal wrangling and the class-action suits of that.

"And I thought I would just share with you what science says today about silicone breast implants. If you have them, you're healthier than if you don't. That is what the ultimate science shows. . . . In fact, there's no science that shows that silicone breast implants are detrimental and, in fact, they make you healthier."

February 08, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh my.
All I can say is that I walked into an elderly female patient's room and she had two lumps where her breasts should have been. They were the world's oldest implants. They maintained quite well. Especially their location. Unfortunately, the real breasts had to be searched for.

Meg

February 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tats or tits or ... . What people want to do their bodies is up to them. I just wish there was more acceptance and pleasure with things as they are at first.

February 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know David Wilcox has a song about boob jobs.

BOOB JOB
She had some extra money
She wanted to buy time
Her friends said it was dangerous
But they couldn't change her mind
She did it for her mirror
And for the ocean's summer sand
She just laid down to that scalpel
That was in the surgeon's hand

She got a boob job
She got a what?
A boob job
No!
Yeah...
Put a pad of silicone, up against the breastbone
Treat her like a man-made thing

Well the surgeons try to tell you
That the world will love you better
If you let 'em cut your body
And put those mounds inside your sweater
But just think of the investment
Now how long those things will last
You know, silicone is permanent
Even after you have passed
When the rest of you has faded
In some box under some stone
Yeah you'll still have your silly cones
Balanced on your bones

February 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home