.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

When was the last time you had sex?

Can you answer that question in minutes? If so...you are probably not in a very serious relationship. I would worry about the future of any couple that would find any reason to rush to the internet immediately after having sex.

If you can answer that question in hours, you are probably dating. It’s Saturday and many dating couples went out and had some fun last night. Although some might be waiting for tonight...I think the more seriously dating you are, the better the chances that you had some sex last night.

If your answer is in days...you are probably married. Married people shoot for an opportunity more than they do a certain night. But, if the husband was nice enough to take the wife out last night, chances are, again, better than usual that he got himself a little. Maybe that explains all the yard work on the weekends...there do seem to be a lot of men taking their wives out in my neighborhood judging by the lawnmowers that I hear in the background. I would think that a Friday or Saturday night romp in the hay would be more conducive to yard work the following day. (That’s a good thing to remember, ladies.)

If your answer is in weeks, you are spending too much time at work. You need to get out more and I don’t mean to bars. I mean bowling or tennis or hiking, anything but work. Of course, you could just have very high standards and if that’s the case, more power to ya.

I guess it also matters if you are a man or a woman. I keep hearing men say that it’s easier for women to get “lucky” than it is for them. That’s probably true but we would have to lower OUR standards to take advantage of that little benefit and we don’t want to. Well, most of us don’t anyway. There are plenty of women who would lower their standards, hell married men are an option to some women. For most women, married men are the easiest to avoid...of COURSE we aren’t going to go out with them...DUH.

If you go for a good looking professional-type and hope that does it, you’ll be very disappointed much of the time. There are some good looking guys that fool you for a moment. They clean up well and they look very proficient in their careers. They appear to be something that you might find quite attractive but if you can avoid sleeping with them for just a few minutes, they will quickly tip their hand and show themselves for the...whatever...that they are. They could be any one of a number of things but they are usually one of two things in addition to their other faults...they are either prolific liars or total idiots.

If you use money alone as a standard, you might as well call yourself a prostitute and get it over with.

I’d like to think that most people today are using their brains when it comes to sex. I would hope that we would never go back to the dreadfully superficial and dazzlingly phony times that we went through in the 70’s. It was pre-AIDS and things were just so different then. But one thing that hasn’t changed is that on some level, “Women give sex to get love and men give love to get sex.” That isn’t so true in committed relationships as it is in the casual sex that ends up going nowhere at all.

Sex means different things to men and women and one of the things that happens almost immediately after a women has sex with a man is that she starts to become just a little bit protective of the guy. Some women can go into a relationship blinded by the “new” of it all and end up in denial before giving herself time to really take a good look at the guy she ended up with. Unfortunately, loser dudes are harder to get rid of than they are too attract. The ickier they are, the stickier they are.

I think we women know that we have more opportunities than the men do and like Spiderman’s uncle said, “With great power comes great responsibility.” We have to put an end to the proceedings much more often than they do...that’s just the way it is. It isn’t fair and it IS a double standard but it is the reality of it.

And I think that most of us have been utilizing some discretion, maybe a little bit too often. After a while, a woman can get so sick of rejecting men nicely that she tends to get a little rude about it. Maybe not all the time, but once in a blue moon, an over reaction can occur. So, if you’re a guy and some lady has really given you a bad time for a minor infraction, cut her some slack. The frogs must have been nipping at her heels that night.

Well, I’m going to head off to do the one constant in my life...the dishes.

Meg

8 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You know...everybody doesn't have to get it. The people who do will are all that matter.

June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get it.

June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get it, I just think you're superficial and narrow.

June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a diary of your suicide.

June 25, 2005  
Blogger Digger Jones said...

Jon Lovitz once did a bit on Saturday Night Live, where he commented on how there was a shortage of eligible men and the refrain was "Women, lower your standards!"

And there have been a number of articles documenting how it is a buyer's market out there, as far as young, educated men. Currently, there are more young women enrolled in universities and colleges nationwide compared to young men. So women, looking to even marry someone someone equal in an educational sense, are having a bit of a struggle. If they want to have husbands, babies and families many of them are going to have to either forfeit the dream or lower their standards. Guess which they are going to choose?

I suppose more of them could decide to become lesbians and adopt. I mean if the frogs are getting obnoxious, why not call it a day and see if another princess is up for some action?

What say you, Meg? Have you ever considered switch hitting?
D.

June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Digger! You freakin' crack me up. Jeez!

Meg I got it. The last time I had sex was with my husband... yesterday, and it was very unexpected, and quite sweet.

I agree with you on the internet thing. If I can't tell my husband that I'm speaking with someone, anyone on the net, if the instinct is there to hide at all... it gets nipped in the bud. I've been the victim of too many secrets in my life to do it to someone else.

June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it count if I get that you're stuck sometime in the last century? Husbands get sex as a reward for good behavior?! I think I may know why you're divorced.

June 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, I wish I could remember the last time....... been soooooo long:~(
Buddy

June 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home