.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Good morning!

Cheek dude and I have progressed to the frequent phone call status of relationship levels. That's a good thing AND a bad thing. I'm getting a tad leery of my feelings here so I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm still holding the feelings reign good and tight, but damn, he is just so cute!

Did I just say "He's just so cute?" Wow. That's what got me in trouble before. I believe that it was the basis of my long unrequited love affair with Donny Osmond. Uh oh, I could be in serious trouble here.

I've sort of been dreading this ever since I started dating again. I knew that sooner or later there would be a good one and now there is. For now I'll keep my feelings in check which is wise, but I'm not sure if I'll know when to let them go. I'll have to at some point otherwise I'll end up alone when I'm 64.

I'd be good and comfortable letting myself fall for one of those guys with no lower body that walks on their hands. I'd be relatively secure that that kind of guy wouldn't cheat. But I don't know any half people. The guys who ask me out all have legs and hips and...everything else.

I'm not so much concerned about cheating as I am being the idiot who wants the other person more than they're wanted back. Wouldn't that just suck?

This has been a major concern of mine for a long time now. It took 6 years before I liked Rick enough to marry him. I started out thinking he was a creep but if you run into a creep enough, he seems to lose some of his creepiness. They SEEM to lose it. The creepiness is still there, you just stop noticing it. Then the creep grows on you a bit and before you know it, you're married to it.

I don't have that problem this time. The guy is most assuredly not creepy. He's a really, really good one. He hasn't done one wrong thing in 5 dates, a hundred emails or a bunch of phone calls. How rare is that?

He doesn't make all those stupid double entendre comments when I talk. Of course if I walk right into it, he let's me have it but he always apologizes. But I can safely say things like, I need to pump up this ball." without the risk of hearing, "I'd like to pump some balls myself." But like I said, if I walk into something, he doesn't let me off the hook.

The other day I asked him if he had been a Boy Scout and he said, I was a Cub Scout but I got kicked out."

"Why?" I asked in an amazed tone.

"I ate too many brownies."

I not only walked into that one, I set it up for him. He does make my cheeks hurt from smiling and I like it when that happens.

Aw crap. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about this. It's not an emotional emergency, I can ride on cruise control for now. But sooner or later, whether it's this guy or not, I'll probably have to think about that a bit more.

It's been in the back of my mind all along but it wasn't an issue so I never bothered with it. I've just been doing my first real love, going out on a LOT of first dates. Those are great because guys are on their best behavior. I've been doing that for a good while now. At one point, when I was going through the "I'm gonna do every guy I get my hands on" phase, I had enough of them to have the guys do minor household repairs for me. I would take pictures of them (they came out in silhouette so you couldn't identify them) and post them on here. They're back there somewhere. Anyway, if you meet enough of them this is bound to happen sooner or later. Eventually one of them will be a good one.

During the household fix-it-a-thon, I was hoping to date a contractor so that I could get a LOT of different stuff done. Most guys specialize so you pretty much have to have a few of them to get anything done. If I were a guy, I'd figure out how to fix it all myself and I'd like a guy like that. I wonder if cheek dude can fix anything? He doesn't wear a blue shirt with his first name over the pocket when he works.

His place is so damned nice that it blew me away. I know what it takes to decorate a room and he really did a great job. I would absolutely swear that a chick did that but he did it himself. Every single thing that was hanging on the wall, sitting on a table or standing in a corner was nice and obviously chosen with some thought behind it. I wouldn't have thought that a straight guy would even have the ability to do that, much less the motivation.

Oh well. Most guys can get through a first date pretty well, but they still can't seem to go without some stupid comment or action for very long. They make it easy to have a quick first date and then, "NEXT!" This guy keeps on going without doing anything stupid. That's quite smart of him. It shows impressive restraint. I know what goes through men's mind and this one is using amazing control over his innately male need to do or say stupid shit. Sooner or later they all let go and you get to see the real them...but the smart ones don't show that phase until the chick is hooked.

Well, I get to see him again tonight only I'm letting him drive. I don't want any Daniel Boone type expeditions with a bit of Bonnie and Clyde tossed in for good measure. And with any luck at all, I can get him to the couch again. I finally hit the ball, I'm rounding first and the second base coach is waving me in.



:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home