.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Hello again!

Last night I caught the house cleaning bug rather late so I ended up cleaning my house and doing laundry until 3 AM. That made me sleep until noon, which I hate, but now I'm up and it doesn't feel at all like it's almost the late rush hour. But it is and the housework isn't completely done so before long, I'll get started all over again.

I would rather procrastinate but that only works for so long. Especially if you procrastinate about dishes. That can be a mess. Oh, yesterday I found a mess in a place that I didn't expect one and it wasn't procrastination, it was just in a place I never look.

I clean my bathrooms when they need it and if I start to see things growing in the toilet, I know I've waited too long. I never let that happen but there's something that I didn't know. Apparently, a girl can use a toilet for weeks and look right down into it and think that it's clean. For some reason yesterday I picked up the toilet seat and what I saw was quite unnerving, especially when I think that my ass was centimeters away from the hideous overgrowth of black mold. I had no idea it was there because I never lift the seat. The rest of the toilet is suspiciously clean so I didn't even see that one coming.

I hate things that grow where you don't want stuff to grow. My ex didn't seem to mind so by the time I took over the yard work, I had to pull down 10 years of ivy that had grown all over the pretty bushes, back fence and even into the yard. I don't even know why in the world we need weeds...or mold for that matter. Mold is simply a sign that the unidentifiable stuff sitting in a bowl behind a gallon of milk is ready to be thrown away. Hell, some black shit even grows on my bathroom ceiling so I have to put bleach in a spray bottle and spray it every so often.

The bathroom is pretty much the place to grow a bunch of stuff. I don't know why, maybe it's all the water. Somehow when you clean yourself, the shower curtain becomes a breeding ground for something icky. I don't let it grow long enough to know whether it's mold or mildew and frankly, I'm not really sure what the difference is.

Oh well, I guess mold and mildew are simply reminders that it's time to quit procrastinating and do something. I've been procrastinating about my taxes all year and I'm thinking about making it easy on myself and just ignoring them. I doubt that I'd have to pay this year but I am in arrears to the government and no one has offered to bail me out.

So, I'm bailing my own self out...by not discussing income tax with a government who helps everyone who already has money. Screw 'em.

That'll be my own little exercise in civil disobedience. I am civilly disobedient every so often and I'm bored today so it seems like a good day to do it again. I can't wait to put my taxes off as long as humanly possible.

I almost did the taxes Monday but I ended up melting wax instead. I had no reason to melt wax, I just did. I used Sterno and a contraption that I set up. I could just show you because when I do really meaningless stuff, I like to take pictures.

Here's my ingenious set up:


Here's the wax all melted down:

I carefully add more to see how long it will take to overflow...seriously:


Here is the wax today:


It sort of looks like a pretend grapefruit. Maybe I can sculpt one out of the wax!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the wax after the meltdown?

Stop being angry with your new govt. get yourself into a place and programme into which some of that stimulous money is flowing and get some of the benefits. It won't come looking for you to be certain. You need to be proactive about getting your pockets padded too!

Molds in your house is extremely dangerous, does your bathroom have no window?
As I write this I remember seeing some cobweb on my kitchen ceiling, got to go sweep it down NOW!
Don't fool around with molds.

April 01, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I don't if I can help it, I would worry more about the bleach that I inhale when I spray it all over. There is a window but it needs a fan. I never shut the window for just that reason so it doesn't really get that bad, but it took me a while to figure that one out.

I can't believe that I didn't show you guys the wax today. Let me go get it, take a picture of it and stick it up there.

Sorry about that!

April 01, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, BTW, I completely agree with your comment regarding the stimulus money and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought the exact same thing. That's what I meant about "positioning" myself.

I'll try to figure something out.

:)

April 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home