.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bad Paid For Photos - Ellen Degeneres Photo Gallery

Bad Paid For Photos - Ellen Degeneres Photo Gallery

That's a few minutes of fun for you, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I tried to copy the pictures into this post but it wasn't happening. Oh...someone sent me a bunch of cool pics from the set of Get Low. They're mostly just regular people dressed up like they're from the 30's. They're pretty cool but she sent them to me in a format that I don't yet understand. I'm sure it's do-able, I just don't have a dude to do it for me so it may take a while.

I guess it's a good thing that my ad for men to come over and help me do yard work was taken down. I had no idea that Atlanta would be inundated with rain for days and days on end. It's all good, I can do it any weekend and I will, at the very least, attempt to carry out my plan. My yard is full of pine needles, sticks, pine cones and tree parts. I go out there and fill one bag of pine needles (at least) every day that it isn't raining. One week I raked up 4 bags of pine needles off of my driveway and I wasn't halfway done. It's incredible.

I have a blower but I can't get it started. I have a hedge trimmer but I keep on trimming the cords. I even got myself an edger last year but I can't edge a lawn that's covered in pine needles.

I spent the entire summer last year on one project. I cleared all of the weeds, small trees and years of kudzu growth off of the back fence. I did it a little bit every single day, weather permitting. I started to clean the yard a few weeks ago but when I got to a tree part that I couldn't budge, I had to give up. I still fill up bags of pine needles when the sun's out, but it's never out anymore.

Before anyone mentions it, yes, I put the 2 stroke oil in the gallon of gas. I even checked the spark plug. I don't know what else to do but I'll tell you this, the next guy to come over here is gonna take a few pulls of my blower so I can see if the only problem is that I'm a girl. As for the hedge trimmer, I just can't seem to keep a cord in one piece for longer than a day. I bought 5 or 6 of them last summer. I finally decided to just splice the sucker together. That works until I yank on the cord.

I love planting flowers and I'd really like to grow some fruit but I can't do anything like that until I get the pine needles up. The way it's raining, the grass is growing pretty high so when it does stop raining, I'll have to mow the lawn just so that I can rake up the stupid needles.

Once I went out there with a bag and literally picked up hundreds of pine cones. I ended up flat on my back for 2 weeks. I try not to push it so that's why I want men over here to do it for me. I'll cook for them, buy the beer if they want it...hell, I'd even give them a great back rub when they're done. I just want my fricking yard clean.

I'll wait until early next week, then I'm putting that stupid ad back up!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I find that if you post at the grocery store you get good results, most have a board as you enter. some I have found can be very creative....this is up your alley.....someone near me bought one of them there picture frames you can upload your pictures on to and they change..... well I guess some will play a small video, this lady made an ad for yard help...using hand held signs( no sound) ...and like you she was pretty good lookin' ....it must have worked ...now she's she's looking for someone to clean gutters...(Pick Me, Pick Me)....
the bulletin board at the store is in a case so you have the store open it ...I guess they want see that's being posted ..Meg , I think this might work for you.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well aren't you sweet. The Kroger around the corner used to have a bulletin board but if memory serves, they took it down. I'll still try it if I'm wrong but sadly, I'm rarely wrong.

:(

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well you could always walk down the street with one of them sign boards .....

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

That's how I advertise my hooker job...I can spare the space.

:):):)

March 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home