.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Saturday at Malibu












I finally went on a date this weekend, actually 2 of them. They were both with the same guy and it could be considered one really long date except for the fact that he went home Friday night and slept in the middle of it.
Friday night we went to dinner and an Ian Anderson concert. I got to hear Aqualung live...it was an excellent concert with a bunch of SUPERB musicians. I haven't enjoyed a concert that much since 1987. Apparently, Anderson doesn't like the song Bungle in the Jungle which is my favorite Jethro Tull song so he didn't play that one but as I said, the talent was simply amazing, from the drummer to the violin player, everyone in the band was hella-impressive.
After the concert we came back to my place to enjoy the greenery and and so I could introduce him to my daughter. At one point my daughter left to go to the store and that's when I got the, "OK...I've been wanting to do this all night." kiss. It was a good one. I like kissing and I plan to do more of it soon.
Not today thought, I would hate to give the appearance of being one of those "dates that never end". You know the type, you go out once and then you're inseparable. I hate that because when you DO finally want to go somewhere without the guy, he wonders why you "don't feel the same way anymore". Then you have to justify leaving or stay when you don't want to and neither one of those options are acceptable to me.
But...that doesn't change the fact that I enjoy his company a LOT and would love to hang out again today. But then again, I would have loved to have gotten laid too and I did avoid that so avoiding his company won't be hard, but it won't be fun either.
He has one MAJOR flaw. He's from Minnesota which makes him a Vikings fan. My ex is a Vikings fan and MY 2 favorite teams are the Bears and whoever is playing the Minnesota. For a fleeting moment after watching the Cardinals go 3 touchdowns up on the Bears, I thought, perhaps I should just get it over with and become a Vikings fan...after all, they're having a great year. If I were a Redskins fan, I might consider such heresy but I'm not. I'm from Chicago and I was raised as a Cubs fan so I'm nothing if not loyal to the home team. I can't imagine me ever turning away from the Bears...they'd have to do something hideously atrocious and unconscionable like hire Mike Vick for that to happen.
That would NEVER happen in Chicago. Even the offensive line wouldn't back up a quasi-humanoid creature like Vick. Chicagoans have more sense than that...at least most of them do. I don't know what the heck happened to Philadelphia, I had such respect for their spirit before they hired a bully's bully.
Anyway...I just got a phone call from kisser dude, it appears that I'm going out for breakfast.
OK...tomorrow I'll be a good girl.
:)

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

After all the bad luck you've relayed here, I'm pretty sure you will find a way to overcome his being a Viking fan, if it comes down to that ;-)

I loved the pics in the next post from LA, also. Looks like you are doing so much better than when in GA. (Just my sense, form the opposite coast)

November 09, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I feel better here, my back still hurts but I enjoy being with my daughter.

And yeah, if I had to deal with a Vikings fan, I could do it...but Sundays would NOT be pleasant around here!

:)

November 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home