.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Hi!

I finally got a chance to go to the hospital and get the documentation that should get me out of trouble for missing the court date for my speeding ticket while I was in the hospital. And Vex is still pretending to live with his sister, LOLOL. It is like when we were together, he knew he was cheating, I knew he was cheating and he knew I knew he was cheating but he stuck to his story like Gail Glenn sticks to married men. He doesn’t live with his sister, he knows it, I know it, he knows I know it but he wants to pretend otherwise. I hope that helps him in some way...what a total moron. You know how people look good to you if they are very pleasant but not so hot? Well Vex used to look good to me until I realized what a fiend he was. With him not around to manipulate my brain, I can now see him for what he is...a middle aged bald dim wit who has absolutely no courage or morals whatsoever. I am going to post a picture of him so you can see how blinded I was.

Anyway, someone commented that Anne Arky (not Arke, mea culpa) sounded fake. Of course it is a fake name but she is not a fake lady. She is a lovely woman who is a published author and an excellent poet. I hit the jackpot with her, I can tell already that she is the kind of friend who anyone would be lucky to have and I am soooo happy to have made her acquaintance. She is only one of the many benefits I have reaped from this blog. (By the way, Stacey, I miss hearing from you!)

Oh, and Guy, (also a fake name, I know their real names but I respect their privacy) I didn’t think you thought I was stupid:

Sorry if I implied stupidity. I didn't mean to do that. I'm glad to hear that you have thought about it and taken steps to protect yourself.

I just wanted to reassure you all that I WASN’T stupid, in case anyone WAS thinking that.

After reading a bunch of profiles of married men on the PlentyOfFish thing, I can’t believe I ever expected Vex to be faithful. Apparently, it takes one helluva guy to remain faithful to one woman and we have already figured out that Vex is less than a good man, much less a helluva guy. These guys are amazing, there was one who said how he wanted “a woman of substance, one who has a strong character and strong ethics...and she must be less than a size 12.” Most of them are quite secure in their sexual prowess, they haven’t lost any of their confidence, just their hair. It stuns me that these middle aged men are out there specifying that they want a woman under the age of 35, and they must be in good shape and it would be good if they were married as well. I guess that way, they figure that the woman has as much to lose as they do so she won’t be telling anyone about the affair.

Well, after writing that paragraph, I began feeling ill so I had to go and lie down for a little while. I feel better now. Before I came back to this post, I checked my email and found one from a reader that I haven’t heard from before. This is what he wrote:

Meg,I have been reading here for a couple months I guess, and it seems to me that it is about time to change the name of this place. Divorcing Rick now doesn't seem to apply. May I suggest, Enjoying Life Without Rick, or Enjoying Knowing One Day Rick Will Kick His A** for Letting Me Go, Or maybe something shorter like, Anchors Away. At any rate, it sounds like your studies have been enjoyable so far, have fun, and please be careful. Such a pretty person could be a target for some of this world's evil people.

Wasn’t that a very kind warning? I certainly appreciated that. Do you see why my self esteem has sky rocketed since I began this? Also, I must note that people who haven’t ever met me are more concerned about me than the man who swore to take care of me forever. As regards the name of this blog, I have been thinking about that myself. I had thought that I would change it on the day the divorce became final. What do the rest of you think? Do you have any suggestions for the new name of the blog? I really would be interested to hear some of your thoughts on that subject.

Well, it’s Friday evening and I have no man for tonight but I know where they keep them so I am going to get one. I'll take the camera along for you guys.

See ya!

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Meg, you have heard from me before. I commented on your post of April 17th, which said in part ..."Meg, breathe; deeply and slowly. This life is your dance; don’t let others make you do the hustle if you want to waltz. Dance your dance, and enjoy every minute of it." (And yes I had to go back through them to find it, because no, I didn't remember the date, nor to honest the comment. Although re-reading reminds me it was a pretty good post, lol.)

You site caught my attention because I too have recently lost the one who promised to live me forever. Our divorce was finished one week before out twentieth anniversary. That was 4 moths ago, and I am still having a hard time with it. Most times I'm ok, but some times, well sometimes I'm not.

I am happy to see that there is life after hell. It spirits me. Thank you for words, and for sharing your thoughts.

david

April 29, 2005  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

Meg,

Thanks for all your kind words. I've never been called a benefit before! I am reaping all kinds of benefits from your blog, and your friendship is one of them. You inspired me to create my own divorce blog, some twenty-plus years after the fact, and I owe you big!

- Anne

May 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home