.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Rick sucks!<3,> The NY chicks

Yes!!! He does.

me thinks the door is still open to rick. me thinks this whole thing especially all the date storys are just to make him jealous enough to leave gail and come back to you. you always take hims back. why is this time any diferent?. if he'd come back he'd be back.

Me thinks you ARE Rick. Nobody else on the planet would be so stupid. Come to court and hear me testify about the violence...see if you still think I would let him back...that...my odd little friend, is the difference. That and I am not about to watch him pay another 18 years of child support to another woman’s child. Especially when the women he chooses are such trashy skanks...they never let him see the kids, they end up hating him and life is just miserable. Then, he goes and screws another one...I don’t want any STD’s and one of his ex tramps (Don’t think we are friends just because I listened to you, I just wanted the info) told me some freaky things about him...I am clean and I like it that way. :)

some people mistake them for "people with dark skin". some people mistake them for "half irish". even without my glasses i know what i'm looking at here.

Ah...I see. Obviously the same illiterate jack ass wrote both of these...oops, I forgot to add bigot. It’s amazing how prejudice can ooze through a computer like this...man IT IS 2005!!!! Even my hideous Vex wouldn't say something like that...for all of his faults, he isn't a bigot.

When I was a little girl, I was sitting on the couch in front of my grandmother. I was playing with pipe cleaners and I twisted two of them into a shape I had seen some boys at school doodle. All of a sudden and without warning, I felt a sharp burn on my right ear. My grandmother had whacked me “up side the head” for making a swastika. I didn’t know what I had done and she had never hit me before so I was quite taken aback. I went outside and sat in the garden swing.

She came out a few minutes later and tried to explain what that thing meant. She explained how some people hated other people just because they were different. I asked her if Gladys was different. Gladys was a lady who worked in Grandma’s restaurant along with her husband and they had 16 kids. They would occasionally take me home with them and I just loved them. Grandma said that yes, there were people who would hate Gladys because she was different. I asked her why God made people different. She thought for a few minutes and then she asked me to look at her garden. She asked whether or not I thought she should have planted one kind of flower instead of all the different kinds that she had planted. Naturally, I said that it was prettier with all the different flowers. She said, “That’s why God made us different, so when he looked down on what he had done, it would be more beautiful.”

Now, this woman was born in 1917 and was raised in the mountains along the border of Virginia and West Virginia. She knew people who fought in the Civil War. She was a perfect candidate for bigotry, but somehow her family raised her to be a true Christian, not a true religious nut, but a true Christian. Thank God. She raised a wonderful daughter who married a wonderful man and the two of them not only taught us tolerance by example, but they went out of their way to make sure we grew up without prejudice. How sad that this whack job didn’t have the same kind of parents.

Being raised the way I was, in the open minded suburbs of Chicago, we never saw bigotry. Oh, I’m sure it was there, it just wasn’t cool to let anyone know. When I moved to the South in the early 80’s, I met people who used the N word in conversation with me. I always asked, “What in the world makes you think you can speak to me that way?” When I was working my way through college as a waitress, a nice older couple sat at one of my tables. They sat there and chatted with me, telling me about their church and their grandchildren, they were just lovely. Then, when they left, they shoved the tip into my hand and said, “We didn’t want that colored girl to take this.” Well, that “colored girl” was in college too. Today she is a pediatrician. I gave them their money back and told them that the “colored girl” was the one person in that restaurant who wouldn’t have stolen that stupid tip. I was so disappointed.

It was almost as disappointing as this comment was. They were older and raised in a time and place where I understood why they acted like that. I had a very good friend named Patricia. I also had a Great-Aunt named Mamie. I was very close to both of them. I told Mamie about Patricia and I told Patricia about Mamie. One day, I was taking Aunt Mamie fishing because she loved to go and she had outlived 4 husbands (she always married older men saying, “I’d rather be a young man’s sweetheart than an old man’s slave.”) and she lived alone. We stopped to gas up the car before we drove to Smith Mountain Lake to fish. By coincidence, Patricia pulled up in her car at about the same time we pulled up. I was so happy, I could introduce my aunt to my friend. After I did, and we drove away, Aunt Mamie said, “I never had a colored friend.” The way she said it showed her disdain for my friend and even a little for me. I didn’t know what to say.

Later on, I told Patricia about it. She said, “Well, you know, the way she was raised, you really can’t expect her to feel differently.” Patricia was so kind and forgiving, yet my aunt was staunch and uncaring in her attitude.

When I was hosting comedy shows, I would go to comedy clubs looking for talent to book for my shows. I didn’t care what “color” the people were...I wanted funny folk. Most of the people I hired happened to be African American. So, I worked with many of them and when some of them eventually hosted their own shows, they would ask me to perform for them. I spent a lot of time in urban clubs and I was never once treated as badly as some of them were when they performed for me at “white” places. In my entire life, I have never been treated badly by a person of color but I most assuredly have been treated badly by a few white people. You do the math.

"Me thinks"? "Take hims back"? Nice grammar, are you Rick? LOL ;-)Seriously, dude. Have you seen his picture? There's no way. Hobos will look like a better option now that his talons are out of her and she's thinking clearly.

THANK YOU GUY!!!!! Your email came at the perfect time, I was ready to post this and checked for emails first, I am so glad yours was there, now talk about serendipitous! And by they way, the hobo that came to my house last Thanksgiving WAS a better catch than the Vexster could ever hope to be. Underneath his hobo-ness, I could see a man that looked just like a young Rod Stewart. It's a shame that alcohol got him. Vex has no excuse like that, he is a jack ass sober.

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Me thinks"? "Take hims back"?

Meg,

This phrasing only works for Gollum/Smeagol. Suggest he needs to spend more time in the daylight and get a life beyond the fantasy of Lord of the Rings.

Glad you are having fun, -Marc

April 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home