.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Oh my...

...I can be such a jack ass. It’s been an entire day and I haven’t gone out to celebrate my divorce. That’s just driving me nuts. You know, the way I see it, I have a couple of options. I could go out and have two drinks and drive home safely, or I could go out and have a bunch of drinks and hitch a ride home with a freind. I suppose a cab is an option but for some reason I feel very uncomfortable in cabs. I don’t know if it’s the strange man in the car of that filth in the back seat with me but I just don’t like them. And, I get very impatient. If I want to leave, I don’t want to have to wait. Especially if I’m 3 sheets to the wind.

I’d like to go to downtown Atlanta and have some fun but it seems so dangerous. I don’t know why, I always hung out in Chicago and had a bunch of fun without being scared. Maybe it’s just because I haven’t done it in so long. I used to have a bunch of fun in Chicago. I would go to great places and I would do it often. Now I’m stuck here where that freaky bald dude left me. My life was so cool and I purposely gave it up, I actually THOUGHT about that and made a conscious decision to marry a lying cheat instead of just enjoying the life that I had. That was so fucking stupid.

Men didn’t send me drinks, they sent bottles of Dom. I danced at the top of the John Hancock Building. I dated a Bear dude. I went to some of the best museums in the world and met famous doctors. And I chucked it all to marry a creepy guy who lived in a podunk town in Virginia. If the end of that silliness isn’t cause for celebration, then I don’t know what the hell is.

OK, so what should I do first? Well, besides the obvious. I think that first I should go shopping, don’t you? I got the pedicure, now I need some cute shoes to show it off. I lost all of the appropriate divorce weight. I can fit into anything that I want to and I want to go see what I can do with all of this stuff I have here.

One would think that a woman would be more confident when she has a man who loves her and tells her how wonderful she is. Well, that didn’t happen with me at all. Since I feel so much more confident now than I have in years, I can only assume that it was being with Rick for so long that made me feel so bad about myself. Damn. That was close. If he hadn’t been such a prick last year, I might have spent the rest of my life with him. Yikes.

So, I suppose that I should get up and get dressed so that I can go and find something fun to do. I’m gonna do that now.

See ya.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home