.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

OK folks...

...with the Steve Dougan story about to come to an end, I thought that perhaps some of you might want to be writers of the next season of Steve Dougan: County Commissioner. If so, just write a story or a dialogue about or involving the great County Commissioner, Steve Dougan. Here is a bit of what I am talking about:

ME: Hi Steve, it’s me again! I was wondering if you would mind coming over to my house and helping me with some heavy duty work that needs to be done. I could really, really use your help. I have a huge problem out back and I just can’t handle it myself. I will pay you for your time, just let me know what you charge.
Meg

HIM: Well...HELLO MEG! I’m so glad to hear from you again. Hell yeah, I could help you out, out of your clothes if you’re lucky! You have a huge problem, well, I have a HUGE solution! And I’m sure that I can handle any chore that you have for me. And my charge? Let me make you smile until the cows come home and we will be square!
Steve

ME: Oh my, I think that you may have misunderstood me, I meant that I needed your help taking care of my lawn, I have some bushes that need trimming and some peach trees that need pruning.
Meg

HIM: Oh baby, I would love to trim your bush! And, I really LOVE your peaches, I want to shake your tree! If you’d just let me in...if you know what I mean, I’d be happy to take care of anything that you need.
Steve
PS It will have to be after church, I’m filling in for the preacher this week.


ME: Well, if you’re sure that you don’t mind, I could really use the help. Anytime Sunday would be fine, I have nothing to do. Oh, by the way...what would you like to eat?
Meg

HIM: You think that you have nothing to do? I told you that you could do me! I know, I’m a bad boy, you’ll just have to forgive me. I’ll be there Sunday...ready to eat...you can just fix me a box lunch and I’ll be fine!
Steve

OK, you get the idea. Just think like a male chauvinist egotistical freak and you’ll do well. Don’t forget to add some political thoughts into your contribution, a sex freak without any political inclinations would be rather unbelieveable. I received an email from a buddy of mine who suggested this, he called it Fan Fic, for Fan Fiction. I had never heard of it, but I bet we could have some fun with it.

When you have such a good story, it’s kind of a shame to see it end so go ahead and try your hand at some Fan Fic, I would love to see what you guys could come up with.

Anyway, my new friend, Todd, called last night. We spoke for quite a while and I thought about him all day today. It’s so nice to have someone to think about, especially when they’re thinking about you too.

I miss being thought about and having someone that calls me to see how I’m doing. My own husband couldn’t care less what happens to me and knowing that can make a woman feel really badly. But, it’s really nice to know that there is someone, even if he is a few hundred miles away, who thinks about me and looks forward to speaking to me. It’s hell when the phone stops ringing. Everyday for years and years, I would get phone calls during the day from someone that I thought cared about me. I suppose that I should be happy that I ever had someone, but I hate to think that I don’t have a soul in the world who thinks that I’m special.
I haven’t felt special to anyone for a few years now and it’s nice to feel that way again. I had forgotten how it feels to smile for no reason other than I know that someone is out there somewhere thinking about me too.

Todd and I are planning a weekend get together for November or December. Now I have something to look forward to and I haven’t had that in a very long time. Like I said, long distance relationships are cool in their own way and I’m glad that I am having one now. Of course, I’d rather have him down the street, but hell, this can be fun in itself. I get to plan for his visit, talk to him anytime I want to and even drive north on a lark when I get the chance.

Well, I am not feeling well at all today so I have to apologize for being so rare today, but I just feel like CRAP! I’m going to go and lie down for a while. So, if you have the time, write down a few lines of Steve Dougan material, this is all in fun and we could have a LOT of fun doing it. I know you men can do it, you do it for no good reason, now do it to entertain me...I get so bored with a boyfriend so far away. Send any contributions that you might have to Meg.Kelso@gmail.com.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home