.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Hi...

...I’m having another interesting day...I’ve had a nice long talk with a friend over breakfast and it has me questioning things that I thought I knew so now I’m kind of baffled as to how to proceed. I hate that.

Oh well.

Since someone finally came to my house, I’ve been able to see how my dog would react and it’s not a pretty sight. This dog is huge and he doesn’t frighten me...but I wouldn’t want him at the other end of a mailbag if I were the mailman. He barked violently at my guest until he was good and damned sure that I didn’t mind the visit. I don’t know what this dog would do if I encouraged him a bit...it’s nice to know that I needn’t worry too much about anyone but the cops. I suppose they’d just shoot a dog that big if they wanted to get past him.

Payton (my dog), weighs at least 110 pounds and he’s every bit of 5 feet tall when he stands up and he does...just like a boxer with his arms punching the air...this dog will challenge you with his paws as if to say, “Come on...I dare ya.”

Sometimes I think this dog is a mutant freak of nature. He outgrew the cage that they promised me he wouldn’t outgrow and I had a big dog to begin with. Now I have something that weighs more than I do and is 99.9% muscle and, like a man, a very tiny piece of it is laced with testosterone so he’s pretty protective. I’ve had him for close to a year so I don’t hear as many men saying, “You can’t possibly control such a large dog.”

Not to my face anyway. You shouldn’t say something like that to my face...because it doesn’t matter who’s in control...someone’s getting hurt and it’s not gonna be me.

Apparently, if I don’t call this guy down, you’re gonna get eaten. I’d love to see what he would do if I just let him go nuts on some unsuspecting person...I think I’ll try it sometime, just for the hell of it. I’d have to pick just the right time...and just the right person....yeah, that’d be good.

I haven’t turned on the TV yet but I assume the planet is still out there. From where I sit, the entire place is dead...there’s no one out there and I could be the lasting surviving cell in a dead body...or something crazy like that from an old movie.

So, Happy Fricking 2006. I have to screw that up a few times. We all do it but we each do it alone so we look like idiots when we do it, don’t we? I’ll look like an idiot when I do it in front of the same people that looked stupid when they did the exact same thing. Most of the super embarrassing stuff that we do is pretty much just stuff we all do...we’ve just done it in front of everyone else when they weren’t doing it. We seem to grade ourselves on how well we control such behaviors...don’t we? The better we control certain urges, or at least the better we appear to control them...the higher up we’ll be in the chain of command. I guess that’s what it’s all about, self control. The more you have of that, the more control you have in general. Bill Clinton was an exception to that rule.

Well, it’s lunchtime of the first day of the year and nothing’s happened to me yet. I’m waiting...but nothing’s happened yet. I did have a nice breakfast with a friend and that’s always good so I guess that so far, 2006 has been just peachy for me.

I have a boyfriend that I could be broken up with and not know it for a week, isn’t that lovely? How insane is that? I just sit here like a jack ass wondering what’s going on and that’s supposed to be cool. You guys are nuts. I don’t care what anyone says, you guys are bizarre. Women may be hard to read, but I think that we’re pretty darned predictable. With guys....we don’t know and we don’t even try to figure it out....we just sit here like nimrods trying to walk the tightropes as you pluck them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home