.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Well...

...I’m back. And I’m in a much better mood. Sorry to whine earlier...I did think a bit about whether or not I should have had a little self pity party online and I decided to do it simply for the purposes of reality. It’s truly how I felt and I’m outta that funk now. I’m sure that I shall revisit it from time to time...but I’ll try not to bore you guys with it.

Anyway, I promised something happy and let’s see if I can live up to that promise. I played Bingo with a bunch of old ladies and ANGRY old ladies to boot. They get all serious about that game, don’t they? If you haven’t been, you simply must if for nothing else other than the shear sociological survey that it is. You have quite a variety of folk there but the worst are the mean people. They’re the worst anywhere but these mean people have so many damned cards to play that they must have to use every single bit of brain power that they possess. These women will SHUSH! you in a heartbeat...and loudly. They shushed me three times...and I was alone! They shushed me for talking to myself. I wasn’t doing it in a psychotic way or anything...more of a “Oh maaaaan!” sort of way after they called 72 when I needed 73. I wasn’t doing it a lot...just every ten minutes or so...after all, I’m NOT psychotic....I swear. Oh, and I lost, by the way.

Three times. Oh maaan.

I’ve been on a cleaning jag today. Right now, at 10:28 Friday night, I’ve taken down the shower curtain liner and it’s in the washer swishing around in a bunch of bleach. Don’t worry, I won’t put it in the dryer. I’m actually considering cleaning the refrigerator. The kind of fridge cleaning where you take all the pieces out and wash them with bleach. Not too much bleach...I heard about a lady who killed her septic tank by using too many bleach containing products. I dilute it, I’d hate to have a sterile septic tank. If there’s one place where you need germs, it’s in a septic tank.

They make entirely too many bleach stuff nowadays, don't they? How did we ever grow up with plain old fashoined soap and water? Nowadays, everything has to have some sort of germicide...everything except the one thing that could use it, edible underwear.

I’ve got that 70’s music channel on TV...Muskrat Love is playing. I was a Captain and Tennille fan back then...yep, I admit it. My first true love was a guy named Mark (not my ex Mark, this was an entirely different Mark) and our song was Love Will Keep Us Together. Yeah right. It never seems to, does it?

That was a cool relationship. He was my pre-med college boyfriend when I was a senior in high school. That made me feel pretty darn cool. He had this really nice 67 Firebird and we drove all over the Chicago suburbs listening to The Beach Boys in that car. He took me to my prom and afterward we had dinner and more dancing at the top of the John Hancock Building overlooking the city of Chicago. He couldn’t have shown me a better evening. My dress cost the “outrageous” sum of $80. My father paid it anyway, that was my graduation present and it was all that I wanted.

Now Night Moves is playing and that reminds me of my first husband. That is NOT a pleasant memory at all. Night Moves wasn’t our song, it was just popular then. Our song seemed to be Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad. This one provoked my father to say, “You should give your husbands IQ tests.” Looking back...he was right. Well, not really, but I am going to have to learn to discern the quiet mysterious type from the moron mutes that I have been opting for. My solution to that problem is to stay away from dreadfully quiet men altogether.

Then there was the husband that extracted this comment from Dear Ol’ Dad: “Margaret, stop marrying men who’s names end in vowels.” (Dad has a way with words.)

Well, my shower curtain liners are done, I guess I better go hang them up. The tub is scoured clean and the curtains will be the final touch on the bathroom. Then, I’ll make myself a pot of coffee in the amazing Cuisinart coffee maker that my daughter gave me for Christmas...I bought some Starbucks coffee and I’m gonna drink some tonight. I usually like the Ethiopian blend but they were out so I got the Christmas blend instead. I can’t wait to taste it from that coffee maker...it’s gonna take me all night to figure out how to use it. I’ll need that coffee if I’m going to clean the fridge.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home