.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I should be...

...at my friend's house by now but my son walked in as I was sleeping on the couch and started yelling at me. He said, "Because of you I'm going to be an hour late to work!" Then, he took the plate of food that I made for him last night and threw it in the sink that I was standing next to, letting the food fly everywhere. I should have beat the hell out of that kid when he was little. He's too big to hit now even if I wanted to. His step father would be proud of the way he treated me this morning.

Thank God for my friend...he's going to pick me up and take me over there in about an hour so I can only take a few minutes to write this. I just hope that my charming son picks me up on his way home. After a while, he usually apologizes when he acts like that, but it doesn't fix the damage he's already done.

You know those types of men (now, men, I'm sure there are nutty women too so don't take offense at that) who, when they're mad or annoyed, yell at YOU? Well, I raised one pretty much all by myself.

I wouldn't have made him late at all if he hadn't celebrated a bit himself last night. I'm sure that he didn't feel like working this morning one bit. I didn't funnel beer down his throat. He knew that he had to work and he knew that I needed a ride so I don't know why he had to act like this. I would hate to be him when his conscience starts to nag at him...and it will, I know that kid.

While he was yelling at me, I was stumbling around the house trying to get dressed really fast and now I'm wearing flannel pants and a tiny t-shirt that isn't really warm enough so I need to go put something else on.

And...to my friend who is picking me up in a little while (I know he reads this thing) thanks dude, you're a lifesaver.

OK, I'll be back when my son, who makes me SO proud, gets off of work.

Have a good day!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home