.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

John commented about...

...why younger men would be interested in an older woman. Basically...it's all for the sex. Now, there's nothing at all wrong with sex...but how about a little decorum? Pretend to like me anyway..don't go straight for my zipper.

I suppose if I met a nice young man who turned out to be my son's age...it MIGHT not bother me. But, when the kid went to school WITH my son, there's an entire new light on the subject. I wouldn't do that to my son. OMG! Can you imagine that? "Dude, I did your mother!"

Nope. I draw the line at my kid's acquaintances. I've always attracted younger men and there's nothing that I can do about that. But, I do have to have a standard or two here or there. One guy asked me how young was "too young". My answer was simple, "If you could bring me home to meet your mother, you're not too young." That's simple enough.

I have a bit of a problem with anyone who is only going out with you for sexual reasons. As I write that it occurs to me that we ALL do that to some extent...but I'd like a friend as well. You know, the kind of guy who puts the BUDDY in fuckbuddy.

I read somewhere that women give sex to get love and men give love to get sex. I don't know how true any of that is...I don't think it through like that. If I'm attracted to someone...it just sort of happens. I don't think about what will come next. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

I can't believe how long I went without sex after Rick left. After a while, it was sort of like a game...I liked being able to say it had been "over a year". When the divorce came through I was bored of that game so I didn't wait very long at all. I was also lucky enough to have a guy about whom I cared quite a bit. That lasted for a good while and there was a brief period when I had some serious fun. I guess I had to do that. But lately, things have been rather slow around town.

I sort of have the perfect situation. I have an extremely handsome guy who is 6'6". That's like Christmas to me. We both are perfectly open to date other people and we even talk about it when one of us does date someone else. He's just a helluva nice guy, bright and most certainly in the top 2 best looking men I've ever dated. For a couple of years now, we've been steadily keeping smiles on each other's faces for all of that time. So, since I have the smiles covered...I don't really need that in a date. I would rather just get to know someone during the dating process. I know that's probably not the smartest way in the world to handle things but neither is screwing every guy you date.

That seems to be what they expect and I don't get that. It's amazing how many guys would sleep with you on a first date! It's even more amazing that they all think that I would too. I told one guy that I was out with how the last guy I went out with had tried to get in my pants on the first date. He said, "Oh! That's awful!" Then he did it TOO! And then, I told THAT story to a 3rd guy who ALSO did it...only worse than the first two. He's the one who wanted me to "see what I do to him" by pulling my hand toward IT. I ran quickly away, jumped in my car and drove swftly home where I ignored that guy's calls for the next 2 months. He was a persistent little creep.

I don't think men realize how annoying it is for a woman to have to escape from them because of their idiocy. Not all of them of course and I'm sure there are some women who aren't any prizes themselves. But I would never consider TOUCHING someone who didn't really seem to want to be touched. That youngin' from last night touched me and I didn't want to be touched. Not by him. If he wasn't too pushy, he was too young. If he wasn't too young, he was too short. He was just not at all my type.

Well, I can't complain, I can just call tall boy and invite him over for anything I might need. Things could be worse. I could be whining about how frustrated I was and then I'd get the obligatory comments from men and women telling me that I should get a dildo. Eeesh.

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have asked men why they like older women...and it is partly sex....but that is not the only reason. Older women are more secure and confident...and bring less drama into a relationship. If I were to leave my husband and date again...I would date younger men. Probably because I have a fear of growiong old : )

Tracie

October 26, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Tracie,

I've heard that as well. Like I said, if I met a nice guy who happened to be young, I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand...but if a guy is going after my boobs or my pants the same calander day that we first laid eyes on each other...old or yong...he's outta there. Tsk tsk. Can't they wait a COUPLE days?

:(

October 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home