.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

OK...

...I'm awake and I'm sober so things are much better now. I turned the AC off the other day thinking that I would have a month of cheap electricity but this morning when I woke up it was only 60 degrees in this house. So, I had to turn the heat on. Now I'm waiting for it to drift over to me.

I had an interesting night last night. I fell asleep early in the evening and when I woke up...I was bored and wide awake. I called a friend of mine who's husband owns a bar and she asked me to come over for a drink. I did, and I ended up having 3 beers. You wouldn't think 3 beers would do much to a full grown woman...would you? Well, you'd be wrong.

It made me totally goofy...how much I didn't realize until I saw that stupid video of me below this post. Oh well. If only that was the worst thing that happened last night. It wasn't.

I was sitting at the bar with my friend and she ran to help her husband when things got busy, leaving me sitting there by myself. I didn't mind, I was sort of watching the ball game. Then some guy sat next to me and started chatting. I was polite, after all...I'm a sweetie. Then, after a while I realized that I was being hit on. The kid was a kid. At least he was to me. He was 30. I told him that I was as old as his mother and he said that was OK, he went to high school with my son. That was rather freaky.

When I asked him, he knew who my son was so I had to believe that he DID indeed go to high school with my kid. And it didn't deter him one little teensy weensy bit. Luckily, 3 beers is only enough to make me stupid, not enough to make me take off my pants so I got out of that one easily enough. I have to give the kid credit...he was quite persistent and rather touchy feely. I just wish I understood the attraction. Are they running out of chicks in their 20's?

Oh well, I have to go get a shot now. Doesn't that sound like fun? OK then...I'm off to get a shot for work and I'll be back later.

See ya,

Meg

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

From my personal experience, some of my most memorable sex in my 20's was with women in their 40's and 50's. Take it as a compliment, not anything against the 20-yr-old girls, but they aren't the same as someone older ;-)

October 25, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOL, John, thanks. I guess you have a point. BUT...I have been out with a couple of 20 somethings since the divorce and one of them actually said, "Don't you love telling your friends that you're with a man this young?" I WAS STUNNED! Who's doing WHOM the favor there? I answered him that I didn't tell anyone how old the men that I date were. (Except for my entire blog world)

I had little use for men that young when I WAS that age...I'm sure that I can find something more productive to do with my time now. My current squeeze is a lovely 37 year old who is always home when I need him. That's young enough for me!

:):):)

October 25, 2007  
Blogger John said...

Young men these days are so different than in my days. [Pause to wax nostalgically about the 80's]. OK, I'm back.

October 26, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yes, it certainly seems as though they are most indeed much different than they were. I had quite a bit of fun in the 80's myself. I seem to remember young men being more gentlemanly back then. And smarter, much smarter than to act like this kid did. We would just have fun and sooner or later a kiss would be in the making. But this guy totally wanted to bypass the fun and go straight to the kiss. What a fool.

Alas, I shall come back to the present now as well.

October 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home