.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, October 08, 2007

OK…

…now I’m annoyed. Can you believe that someone who knows me and this blog would go out of their way to aggravate me?

This weekend I felt like shit. Saturday night I called out of work. I’ve NEVER done that at this job. I was in the hospital for a while…but I’ve never just called out for one shift because I was sick. But I was so weak and I was having pain that doubled me over.

I called work and said that I couldn’t go in…and I NEVER DO THAT!

Then, I took a couple of pain pills an collapsed at the foot of my bed (I hurt too badly to go to the pillow) and fell asleep from the pain pills. I woke up a couple of hours later when the phone rang.
It was a guy from whom I haven’t heard in weeks. I told him I felt badly and he said that he would call me in the morning.

I eventually felt a little better and even consider calling work and telling then that I would come in if they still needed me. Then I thought that the pain could come back and I was still pretty weak so I didn’t.

I came in here and played on the computer and then went back to bed.

As promised, the guy did call me yesterday morning and I obviously wasn’t as sick as I was the night before. Then, this morning, I get this email:

“called you twice this weekend and you said you were sick. You did not look sick to me.”

This guy HATES it when I mention him on the blog even though I would never give his name out. And he gets so damned offended when I do talk about him and he acts as though I’ve committed some disloyalty on a par with adultery. I feel sufficiently guilt-ridden and I don’t do it again. Until today.

Now…he knows me. He knows that I wouldn’t bother lying to him. He knows that I hate to be in a position where I have to explain myself. He knows that I’m a big girl…single and about to start caring for my father as much as he cared for me when he DID have the right to scold me. I don’t lie to my father EVER. There are many reason that I don’t lie to my father but one BIGGIE is that I like being able to tell him the truth knowing he can’t spank me for it. My father can’t so much as send me to my room. I’m A BIG GIRL!

And, I happen to have feelings. I have never been cryptic, I tell a person exactly what I want and how I want it. I don’t get coy over important shit…just stupid shit. Even if he wanted to deny that I ever told him how I feel about this particular habit of his, I’ve written it on this blog a thousand times and he’s read every word I’ve written.

I have announced to the WORLD that I don’t like to be treated in a way that makes me have to explain myself, quite a few times. Apparently, my feelings, my requests and my right to have my feelings and my requests respected are of no significance. And he just can't find it in himself to avoid doing whatever he wants to do, no matter how much it annoys me. He doesn't have that kind of inner strength. He just can't seem to help himself. OR...he just doesn't care about my feelings. One way or another, I'm not happy. Both scenarioes are unnacceptable to me and my feelings in this matter are non-negotiable.

And yet…while I am victim to the constant disregard for my feelings, I am supposed to respect his desire to be kept off the blog.

Well, you know what dude? Blow me.

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

Meg, testosterone is liquid evil. Seriously. Between that and the litter box, men can be such assholes! Plus, it makes weird things happen to us as we get older, so that's all the proof I need.

Being in pain and being sick are two entirely different things. If this dude works with you, he should know this. When I am in pain from my PCOS, I am often doubled over and can barely breathe. I have to cancel things and stay in bed on pain meds because I can't function. Then, hours later, the pain might be gone, even if I still feel weak from it, but I was never "sick." Know what I mean? You wouldn't SOUND sick on the phone, or look sick on camera, because you don't have the flu...you were in pain. DUH!!!!

October 08, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

And even if I was sick, I could always suck it up for a couple minutes. No, he doesn't work with me, I mentioned that because I never call out and if I do, I DON'T feel well.

I'm just annoyed because of his insinuation that I lied to him. I could scream!

October 08, 2007  
Blogger Lara Croft said...

I really don't like those who make me feel that I have to validate everything I do, if I want to do it I will and no one can belittle me enough to change my mind!
I hear ya Meg !

October 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home