.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good morning!!!

Sorry I didn't pop back in last night but I was tired. I got home early because I shot first last night and I didn't feel too well so I just played my match and left. I did win though so I went home happy.

Last week I played a 4, remember? I had to beat him twice and he had to beat me 3 or 4 times...I forget. Anyway, I took him in two games.

Last night I showed up first and the other team's captain was already there. He's an ass. I wouldn't date him or play on his team so he was not happy with me last night. He had a 7 on his team and played him first.

We don't have a 7 but we do have a few 5's. The captain decided that the best thing to do was to let me play against the best pool player on the other team because I only had to win twice to his 6 games. Nobody can beat me 6 games in a row so it was a smart call on the captain's part.

The first game showed me why that guy was a 7. He kicked my ass. But I took the next two games and won my match. It was sweet.

There was a bit of a problem though. The idiot captain was a jerk the whole time. During the first game, I started to get hot so I took off my shirt. I had a tank top on under it so it's not like I was playing with my boobs hanging out. Captain Asshole tried to make me put my shirt back on. Then, I was watching my opponent and Captain Asshole shouted, "Stop!" My opponent was in mid stroke...I wouldn't have appreciated my captain doing that unless some redneck with a 357 was standing behind me. He did that just so he could tell me to get out of the guy's "line of sight".

Now, this guy was a 7...it doesn't get much better than that. You don't shoot pool that well being so distracted by a chick. So, if you ask me, Captain Asshole was a helluva bigger distraction than I was.

Anyway, I beat him in games two and three so that was my match. Apparently I shouldn't have played so well. They said that for beating a 7 so handily, I would most likely be a 4 next time.

I don't wanna be a 4. I like only having to win 2 games. I can beat anybody twice.

After the game, my opponent and I were shaking hands and chatting for a moment. After we stopped talking, Captain Asshole said to my opponent, "That's how they have to win, it should have been a better match." There's nothing wrong with my captain putting me up against a 7...that's the entire point of handicaps. We totally played by the rules and he totally was a poor sport.

Anyway, that's what happened.

OK...I smell coffee. Me go find it.

:)

6 Comments:

Blogger AntonioFWW said...

Wow, it sounds like you are a really good player. I would loose 6 in a row I'm sure.

I have been reading your blog and commenting for a while now and I really like your style. The company I work for is looking for stories like yours to post on our site. If you're interested let me know. The details are below...and it pays!!!

Calling all divorced or divorcing women.

Did you find your husband in bed with the mailman? Have you gone 17 years without a cent of child support? Are you thinking of setting up your ex-husband on a date with your best friend?

If you have a good story to tell, First Wives World (www.firstwivesworld.com) wants to hear it. We're the Web's leading community for women in all stages of divorce and we're expanding to include real-life stories from women like you. We're looking for concisely written vignettes about your divorce, from dramatic to delightful, from heartbreaking to hilarious.

We pay $50 for each piece, and we're looking for submissions that are around 500 words. Make sure you let us know what stage of the process you're in -- whether you haven't filed yet, you're navigating the process, your divorce has been recently finalized or if it feels like you've been divorced forever.

Submit your pieces to divorcebloggers@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

All my best,
AntonioFWW

January 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I work with Antonio from First Wives World. He pointed your blog out to me to read as well because he likes your style. I just read this post and had to comment. That's awesome that you beat that guy, and the captain is just jealous for many reasons, one most likely being that you are a girl and beat his 7 player. I love pool! I grew up in a small place called New Castle, in Delaware. You have no idea how little there really is to do, so my friends and I took to going to pool halls and playing pool a lot. I got pretty good and I love beating the boys who think that just because I'm a girl I can't play pool. My friend is starting to play in tournaments and wants me to join in the couples ones, I think I just might. Good luck and keep kicking butt!
Best
AnnMarie

January 23, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hey AnnMarie!

I have to say, I do enjoy shooting pool with a guy who is underestimating me because I bear boobs.

You know, when I have the time, I'm going to write something about why the hell do chicks come into the APA as 3's and dudes come in as 4's?

I'll take the handicap...but I don't have to like it!

Meg

Oh, I lived in Roanoke Virginia for a LONG LONG time, I DO know what a small town is like. THAT'S why I play so well:)

January 23, 2008  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Meg???? What is this???? I come here this morning and nothing at all from you. Are you OK? Just a little worried, not like you at all to blog in the morning and then we hear nothing from you all day. Just want to make sure you are ok.

January 24, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Sorry! I overslept. I'm writing as you read this....unless today's post is up there in which case I'm not.

Meg

January 24, 2008  
Blogger AntonioFWW said...

You can submit your pieces to divorcebloggers@gmail.com. That will go directly to our managing editor Tobi, which will be going through them all. I can't wait to read what comes forward. Some of the stories have been so compelling.

All my best,
Antonio

January 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home