.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Having a nice weekend?

I hope so. It's too early to judge my weekend yet.

I saw on TV that the SAG Awards will be going on as televised. I think that sucks. They cancelled the Golden Globes for the silly writer's union and that did damage to people we don't know and won't hear about on TV. If the reporters were to report everything that this strike is doing to people, the writer's might have their wittle feewings hurt so you won't hear some of the things that are happening out in LA.

For example, a lady who owns a florist shop does the Golden Globes every single year. That event accounts for 40% of her annual income. What would happen to you if 40% of your income was gone because another group of people wanted more money than they already get...and they get a considerable amount. They aren't striking because something bad happened, they just want money from web based crap. They aren't bitching that they don't get paid enough, they're bitching because someone else is making money that they don't get to share.

My daughter has told me countless stories of money lost over these yahoos. Hilton can more than afford the money they lost but not too many people are as well-off as the Hilton's. But even though the strike is still on and nothing has changed, SAG wants to have their own stupid award show and since they plan on striking in the spring, they will kiss the writer's asses so well that they certainly will get this one award show off the ground...but no other award show will make it to the airwaves. And all because they want to writer's support when they have their on strike. Don't think for a minute that those egomaniacal actors really stayed away from The Golden Globes for some altruistic reason. Not at all. They just have their own strike happening next.

I hope no one watches the stupid thing. I never watch any of the award shows but I don't usually think they cause harm. I am pleading with you guys not to watch that show. (Not that all of you do...I had never even heard of it until this year.)

OK. This sucks. I didn't want to write about that and I don't know why I am. Let me wake up a bit and see if I can think of something normal to write about.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home