.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Good morning!

While uploading pictures I accidentally deleted my post so let's see what I can come up with now.

First of all, I told you that I needed to clean this bookshelf:





None of my bookshelf cleaning jokes are funny anymore because they won't come naturally. So, you'll just have to settle for a pert and pithy rendition of what I told you before.

Let's see...I mentioned how the bottom shelf is full of National Geographics. Some are 50 years old and some are a few months old. Why do we do that? Why do we all save our National Geographics? Has anyone ever gotten rich that off of a box of old ones?

You can't see my National Geographics because of the kibble containers. The big one is Payton's dry food and the one on top is Meow Mix.

Whatever. Most of my board games are on top of that thing and my bowling trophies are all that's supposed to be up there. I got them either for team play or for individual accomplishments. One year, the league decided to give team trophies to 3 teams...first place, second place and last place. That year my team was in dead last so we got a trophy. This is it:






In my own defense, that year I received a trophy myself for highest game bowled during the regular season:





I know that you probably can't see the dates, but they're both from 1992.

I noticed something dusting off my trophies..they're cheap little fuckers. When I was a wee one, I was on a Saturday morning league and over the years, I garnered enough trophies to set them up on my dresser in the pattern of ten pins and a strike ball rolling right into the 1 and 2 pins. (I roll a backup ball so mine comes in from the left, I don't hit on the 3 pin side when I bowl.)

Anyway, those trophies had some heft to them. You could kill a person with one of them. These suckers would most likely break if I hit someone in the head with one of them.

Why? Why do they give us such cheap trophies? That's just wrong.

There's this guy who's been asking me out for a while. I have been turning him down because of his age. He's only 30 years old. I have a kid that age. He's absolutely nice, bright and funny enough for me...it's just his age that bothers me.

He happens to be a black dude and he's even made reference to the fact that perhaps I'm turning him down for that reason. I'm not. Contrary to what you might have read about me, I am NOT a racist. I am, on the other hand, an age-ist.

But, just for the heck of it, I may go out with him. I bet that if I totally acted like myself he might just run scared and never call me again. Of course, it could always go the other way..he could adore my bitchy self. He says that I'm not a bitch, I just have "spunk" and he likes my "feistiness".

I didn't have the heart to tell him that he was wrong..I really, really am a bitch. Men who are quick enough usually can see that I'm joking but others just think that I'm a bitch. That's fine, it is what it is. I guess we'll find out if he's quick enough when I finally do go out with him. I think I'm going to do just that and soon.

Wow, I turned the AC down earlier and either it suddenly got really hot at 2 PM or I am having one helluva hot flash. Either way, I have to go trim my hedges now because I have to give Pretty Boy his trimmers back.

See ya soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home