.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, October 27, 2008


I'm rather happy right now. Some critter seems to like to eat my trash at night so I put the garbage in another container with a tight lid and the critter still got it. No matter what I did, that little fucker got into my trash. The only thing left to do was to bring the trash back in the house so that's what I did. I was slightly worried that whatever it was would try to get into the house to get at the trash but then I remembered the huge critters that I have running around this place. None of my animals would let anything get inside my house for any length of time.
This morning, although I woke up before dawn, I was writing when the trash dudes came by so I missed them. I didn't know they came by so early. By the time I took the trash outside, I was the only house in sight with trash outside. I wasn't quite sure what was happening, I seemed to have missed them Thursday too. I called the city and whined a bit about how scared I was of whatever it is that's eating my trash at night. I really AM freaked by it.
The lady was nice enough to send an entire garbage truck full of worker dudes to pick up a weeks worth of trash from my house after they had already come by. Apparently, I'm the first neighborhood that they do. I'll have to get the trash out there by 7 from now on without leaving it out at night. Remind me to wake up early on Thursday morning.
:)

2 Comments:

Blogger perdido said...

I can't tell you how many times I would jump out of bed around 5am because I heard the back up lights of the trash truck and rush outside with my trash in my jammies barefooted in freezing cold weather! At least you have until 7am!

October 31, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Brrr! I hate this! If you're going back to bed, I don't know if there's EVER a good time to take the trash out. This is a chore I need to get used to. Apparently there is a raccoon involved. I thought that they were cute little fuzzballs but they're nasty vermin creatures.

Shivering willies.

October 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home