.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm not having fun right now...

...one little bit. My roommate told me that she "left October's rent on the kitchen counter, in cash" so if I didn't get it, she's sorry, but she paid it! I told her it didn't count if I didn't get it but she seems to be holding firm to her story so that screwed me on this month's rent. She's been saying that she was going to leave since the first month she moved in so she used her last month's rent when she gave me her 30 day notice. So, having a roommate didn't help me much at all. Actually, with a chick who won't even buy toilet paper, much less her own shampoo, I'd be happy to come out equal. I fear that I'm the one losing again here.

You know how they say, "No good deed goes unpunished"? Well, I've tried to help 4 people this past year and everyone of them has screwed me in one way or another. I have GOT to get a better class of people in my life.

Yesterday I went to pay the electric bill only I couldn't because it was a hundred bucks more than I had. I stopped using the AC...when will they stop bleeding me dry? I went and picked up a few of my medications that I hadn't been taking because I was out. But, I felt so badly that I had to spend the money to get them filled. At least most of them are on the $4 list! I can usually find 4 bucks somewhere.

I still need to go get that MRA, and my calcium levels are off the charts again. My doctor called yesterday and said, "You need to go back to the oncologist to see what this means." He's worried because I broke my foot this summer and they diagnosed the cancer last time when I started breaking bones and getting kidney stones.

But...without health insurance, I'm not sure what to do. I'm sure there IS something to do, I just don't know what it is. Oh well, we weren't made to live forever.

Then, as I was cleaning the kitchen, some dude with a big truck came to take my aunt's truck that my father had let me use. For some reason, he called the bank and told them to just take it. He gave them my address but failed to let me know. It wouldn't have made much difference, I couldn't drive it anyway. But I could have taken my stuff out before the repo truck pulled up into my driveway. I seriously worry about my father and his sanity.

When I stayed with him to help him take care of his dying wife, I could tell his mind was slipping a bit. He would scold me for things he had told me to do 20 minutes before. I could see it because I know him, I was there for a long time and I've taken care of old people for years. He could probably pull off a short visit with a doctor or even another attorney and no one would know that his cookie jar was full of crumbs. I don't think he could stand up under any real scrutiny, but he's making sure that no one can scrutinize him.

Unfortunately, it's going to take something bad to happen before we can get the control to help him...whether he likes it or not. It's just a matter of time, he is pushing 80.

I spoke to a police officer yesterday who told me some things that I found amazing. Did you know that they're taught to pull over nice cars from out of state first? That's because local owners of nice cars will come and fight the ticket, or pay a lawyer to have it erased. The out of towners just send a check so they don't have to worry about it at all. Cops are literally taught ways to pull the right people over so that they can get the most cash. And people call attorneys slime balls. A justice system that resembles a shopping trip is no justice at all.

And yes, as though we needed to be told, they DO use profiling when they pull people over. Even if it ISN'T a written policy, those guys do it on their own. Then, when they get back to the station, some of them actually brag about how they threw the book at some 16 year old and they laugh and laugh and laugh at the fact that the kid now has a record. It's pretty despicable considering the fact that those nit wits are the people we have to trust.

They're also taught that if someone refuses to let a cop search their car, that's a signal that they're guilty of something...after all, what would an innocent person have to hide? The only problem with that is the mentality that says anyone who wants to protect his own right to be free from unlawful searches MUST be guilty of SOMETHING! So, if a cop asked to search my car (not likely now, LOLOL) I would say no on principle alone and he would call out the drug dogs. We'd all waste a couple of hours and then nothing would happen because I don't have anything to hide, I just don't take kindly to having my rights violated.

This guy is a rotten cop because he's let people go (with good reason) where other cops would have taken them in. So, he's looking for something else. He's far too nice to be a cop, he lacks the asshole component that so many of them (down here) have. I've seen some good ones, but mostly in Chicago and Virginia.

Damn, my brain is working overtime right now so have to go see if it has come up with any answers. BRB.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, did I miss the rest of the story about your friend who was *beaten*??? up? Your lady friend.
Well, I really don't know if their was violence involved but you know......

Then I couldn't read your blog for days and missed whether you had found anything out about her or not.

October 24, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No...you didn't miss anything. I haven't seen her since and no one has mentioned it. I never did see her often, it's just that when I did see her, we always got a bit crazy and we had fun because she's such a sweetheart. I'm sure I'll run into her sooner or later, no one ever called me back after that. I think they were just trying to see if her story matched what other people were saying. Since it did, they probably didn't need much more to charge him. But now you've got me curious.

Hmm.

October 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home