.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I can't spell alledgedly so I just qualify this by saying it is 100% MY OWN OPINION


Some of you may remember my matricidal cousin...

...Paul Mergel. It appears as though he has gotten away with murdering 2 women...one was my aunt and the other was a New Jersey woman I never knew, but found herself ablaze after Paul tired of her. Occasionally I write something about the sonofabitch and although I hadn't planned to do it today, I was put into this position when I received an email from someone I won't name:

"hes in the Monmouth county jail here in new jersey Georgia refuses to extradite him because its a small misdemeanor he has for gun possession"

I made some calls and found out that Mergel is, indeed, in Jersey, specifically in the Monmouth County lock up. Here is a list of his charges:

Hazlet TWP. Failure to pay fines......................................no bail
Hazlet TWP. Bad Checks..................................................$600 bail
Unlisted Agency Driving on revoked list........................$500 bail
Middletown TWP. Contempt of court..............................no bail
Middletown TWP. Driving on revoked list......................no bail

Monmouth County has had him since September and as of this morning, he has no court date set. But...the lady at the county said that it takes 2-3 months to go to court so this hideous waste of space could potentially go to court any day and find himself walking amongst decent folk and that can't be.

My next call is to the Georgia prosecutors who don't think that it's worth a trip to Jersey to grab a murder suspect. I find that so ironic considering the red flags that went unnoticed in the Hassan case. If Mergel gets away and kills again, who do we blame? I hope those folks are pondering that possibility.

Now I'll call the Gogia folk and ask some questions because because I CANNOT BELIEVE that GEORGIA would let Jersey keep a prime suspect in a murder case. Then again, maybe they're trying to get back at Jersey for letting him leave the state after the death of his "girlfriend".

I'll figure out what I can and than I'll let you know exactly who will be responsible when this thug is eventually set free. They say after you kill once, it get easier. I wonder what they say after you've gotten away with TWO murders?
I left a message with the prosecutor in Murray County Georgia.
I just heard back from Georgia and the bottom line is Mergel isn't actually CHARGED with anything that makes it worth extraditing him when all that would happen is Georgia would have to pay to keep him in jail for a year. He also said that he would call the investigating officer to see if he's gotten anymore evidence that would make it worth bringing the piece of trash back to Georgia. In the meantime, all they have against him is failure to report for a probation meeting in Georgia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home