.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Dear Meg,

Rick seems to be the typical scumbag, someone whose personality men can understand but at the same time, Us good guys fear that part of us, seems like Rick just let it all slide, What a worm! Marriage is hard, raising children is hard, but so is everything else that is worth a damn in this world. I have no repect for men who take the path of least resistance.

Yeah Dude,
I guess you are right. All men (and women, for that matter) have the potential to be all sorts of freaky things, I suppose. I guess it's behavior left over from our barbaric ancestors. But a bunch of us had fathers that went out of their way to actively teach values. I often thank God that I did. Certainly mothers play a great role, too (But I am answering the man who posted the above comment), but to the men who would grumble that men are losing control of society, remember that old adage: The hand that rocks the cradle rocks the world. We all just assume it refers to women. It does not. We may no longer need the family unit to survive, but I kinda think we need it to survive with any degree of a peaceful easy feeling. Children raised without fathers (or by fathers that were women abusers, liars, cheats, gun runners, pimps and/or drug dealers) fill the jails and wreak havoc on the outside. So, if you want to be a real man, woman, or just a decent member of out society, consider what behavior you would want your children to emulate. They will most certainly do it.



Meg

6 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Enore said...

Re: The Dude...

What the hell are you talking about? I agree Rick is a scumbag...but I CAN'T understand his personality. And I have NO fear of that sort of thing in ME. I am NOTHING like this bag of shit, and think if I gave it some thought I'd resent the implication that we all (men, that is...) have the potential for acting like an uncivilized barbarian. I don't.

Crap, you sound like we're all muslims or something...

February 13, 2005  
Blogger Uncle Enore said...

Um...the last line above: "...have the potential for acting like an uncivilized barbarian..." SHOULD read: "...have the potential for acting like uncivilized barbarians..."

Sorry. I'll try to do better in the future.

February 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we all have the potential to be lazy, whiney shit-bags, not just men. I personally could quite easily get sloppy drunk every day, molest every man of legal age that looked sideways at me and take no responsibility for anything. Point of fact, I DID that for a few years (can't remember most of it). I think we all make a decision every day to be productive or honest or whatever you personally want to be proud of. I behave because I can't afford the therapy it would take to staighten my kids out if I didn't. To each his own. That's why I have no sympathy for Rick. He chooses to be a rat. We all have excuses, only the losers use them.
-Stacey

February 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey-replace the booze with a little of the green stuff and I'm there with ya... LOL

Men/women, black/white, young/old... there are assholes in every "group" you can name, and there are decent compassionate people too. I teach my daughter to look at each person as an individual, and to look at that individual's actions as a marker to judge them.

February 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa-

Mr. Herb and I were pretty good friends, too :o) And I agree with you completely.

February 13, 2005  
Blogger Uncle Enore said...

I'm not much of a drinker any more. Seems like the older one gets, the larger toll hang-overs take. And, I really haven't done drugs for the last 10 years...sigh...HOWEVER...in the good ole days!! Ah, the good ole days...to show you just HOW old...I was taking LSD way back before it was illegal, believed that smoke was invented just for ME ("smoke 'em if you got 'em...which I did continuously...) and used to think it was normal for my nose to bleed all the time...must need another line to cauterize that flow. Ah, yes...those were the days. (Of course, I'm not all that certain of my memory of them...perhaps that's another subject...)

February 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home