.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Good morning,

Sorry to be so quiet, I have been feeling pretty badly lately. I go through these periods at times and they don't last too long, I just need to eat some more and get my calcium levels back in whack. But, a friend sent the following to me and I wanted to share it with you. I think it is saying pretty much what I have tried to say. It sort of explains the reasons Rick behaved like he did toward me when he was out cheating. I wish I could have explained it so well. I will be back at the computer when I feel a little better...in the mean time I will try to keep you updated at the very least. I guess this is just part of a divorce when you are ill so it sort of fits in with the Diary. I hope you are all doing well today.

Meg

Thank you to Stacey for sending this old article from Dear Abby.

"DEAR ABBY: Why will a married man pick up a tramp andtreat her like a lady, then turn around and treat hiswife (who is a lady) like a tramp?
MINNIE

DEAR MINNIE: A man picks up a tramp because he wants a female companion who is no better than he is. In her company, he doesn't feel inferior. He rewards her by treating her like a lady."He treats his wife (who is a lady) like a tramp because he feels that by degrading her, he will bring her down to his level. This makes him feel guilty, so to get even with his wife for making him feel guilty,he keeps right on punishing her.

"Years later, a reader asked, "What is the differencebetween a lady and a tramp?" Mother was stumped, so she asked the readers for their input. Their answerswere enlightening -- and reviewing them is like looking into a time capsule.

"The difference between a lady and tramp? About threedrinks." -- TENDS BAR IN MILWAUKEE
"A lady goes out, goes home and goes to bed. A tramp goes out, goes to bed, then goes home." -- MURPH
"There's no difference. Kipling said, 'The Colonel'slady and Judy O'Grady are sisters under their skin.'"-- F.C.H. IN TEXARKANA
"The difference between a lady and a tramp is men withbig mouths." -- MET A FEW"
A lady draws a line. The tramp falls for it." --ROBERT BYRNE
"A lady is chaste. A tramp is chased." -- ROBERT FROMSAN DIEGO
"There are no tramps. Only lonely ladies." -- MARGIEFROM MANSFIELD
"A lady lies around and sleeps. A tramp sleeps aroundand lies." -- J.S. IN ASHLAND, ORE.
"You pay a tramp in advance -- but a lady costs more in the long run." -- WESTPORT PETE

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tramps don't seem to get as many headaches.

February 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asking Abby to ask other women why a man would have relationship with a "tramp" (and expecting useful information) is a realistic as asking a man for helpful tips on using tampons.

February 12, 2005  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hey, as long as you nimrods keep going to the store to buy the tampons, I wouldn't say a word.

Meg

February 12, 2005  
Blogger Uncle Enore said...

I hate to get too far into this, so to speak...but I feel the need to comment. This is really simple...a guy picks up a slut to have gross, really disgusting GREAT sex. No pissing and moaning...no complaining...no "...ewwww...no...ugh..." None of that. Just hot and nasty.

Of course, I'm just guessing, having no first-hand knowledge myself...ahem...

February 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home