.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Tomorrow I go to court!

I have no idea what this court date is all about but I am hoping to get my car back so that I could at least try to get a job. It is amazing what one person is capable of doing to another. Especially when there has been a vow to stay together, in sickness and in health, blah, blah, blah. I thought I had married a decent, honorable man. But instead, I married a lying, cheating, selfish coward. Damn. How could I be so wrong? I dated him for 6 years before we married, I don’t know how a man who is such a moron could be so amazingly cunning. He wouldn’t tell me the truth if his life depended on it. What was he afraid of? Was he afraid I would beat him up? Me...117 lbs....he 225 lbs. No, that couldn’t be it. Was he afraid I would yell at him? He liked to yell, I know how to restrain myself and behave like an adult. No, yelling wasn’t the fear. Can someone tell me? Why do people lie about cheating? Why don’t they just tell the truth and hope for the best? I could have handled ANYTHING he could have thrown at me but he NEVER gave me the chance. If he had EVER told me the truth about anything, he would have seen that I could handle it. But, he never gave me that chance. And, for each lie I discovered, he must have gotten away with 10. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have lied so much, it worked well for him! A liar has to be afraid of the truth but an honest person doesn’t. So, the post below this one is the actual story of what Rick did to me and our marriage last year. If I am going to call this blog the “Diary of my Divorce“, you should have a little background. It gives you a little idea of what a bum Rick is and why I am writing this blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Enore said...

First, Meg, good luck at court. I have no idea what the laws are in Georgia, but if they are anything like the laws here in California, the preponderance of the law would seem to be on your side.

But, let me ax you something. (Notice the use of the coloquial "ax" instead of "ask." This is an attempt to make me look current and to show that I am culturally sensitive.) After dating this dumbass for six years, you HAD to know how he behaves, what he is, how he acts. So, why did you marry him? I don't get that part.

This leads to a wider, more serious discussion on spousal abuse in general. I have known two women who have suffered thru this sort of crap...one for YEARS. I don't understand what happens to a person that would allow them to stay...be abused...stay...be abused, ad nauseum. Apparently there is something inherent in the psychology of people who allow abuse, since is seems so common. But, I don't understand it. I fight in myself against the tendancy to say, "Hey, you just stayed and allowed it to happen. YOU need to share in the blame." Yet, there MUST be something "broken" in the abused person's psyche to allow this to happen.

And, Meg, as bad as your experience was, there are absolute horror stories out there about people who have been brutalized for years. I know one of those people. It makes my brain ache trying to figure it out.

Enlighten me, Megster. (Note the overly-familiar use of the matrilinial nomenclature, aimed at constructing a closer relationship, without actually extending any effort in that direction. I am NOW a truck driver. I used to be in the KGB.)

February 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Meg,

I read about you in my local newspaper yesterday; I'm going through a divorce, also, and frankly I have been quite interested in your comments on men, honesty, anger, etc.

Just wanted to mention that it took me only a few seconds to look up your address and phone number in Marietta, GA; please, my friend, get an unlisted phone # or use a PO box or no address in your phone listing. Now that you are nationally known (maybe more than before?) I'm just concerned about whackos. I am not one of them.

Best regards,
Dave Brooks
PS: I work in Idaho Falls, ID, my company domain is brooksnet.com, my phone # in Blackfoot, ID is unlisted, my cell # is 208-403-7591. I'm not perfect but I'm not a whacko!

June 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home