.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Is it me...

...or is this obviously a fake profile, specifically geared as bait for little ol’ me?

http://www.plentyoffish.com
/member547312.htm

They took the time to create that persona and then to send this e-mail to me:

Hi Meg,
read your profile and I was drawn to the most telling part of a first(maybe last) date. The kiss, yes that does say a lot about the person. Of course there is more to it then that but I do believe a good kisser is hard to find and one worth keeping. As for what to do on a first date we could always find a romantic spot ,in public, that would lend it self to exploring. I am a romantic,certainly funny,cute kind of guy. I do come with references and a picture or two. I would enjoy exploring with you all the opportunities we might encounter. So call me and lets at least see if there is a spark."Z"


My word, I should be touched. So much time and effort, all directed to me. OK...that was fun, now I’m going out to have a nice evening.

Oh, before you go, I'm sorry that you had to make that lady and those who felt like her feel foolish, I only answered her question. And, now, I'm going to remove her comment and ask that she e-mail me directly. People like you are the reason people like her can't talk about the way they feel. Shame on you.

Gotta go,

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger Digger Jones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 25, 2005  
Blogger Digger Jones said...

It could be just you. I used to be a usenet troll and ran a gang with other trolls. It was lots of fun flaming people and watching them get their panties in a wad. And some folks gave as good as they got. We recruited them into our cause.

The basic thing is, is that trolls are generally a lazy lot. We like cheap thrills. Some do hatch fairly elaborate schemes, but this is exceedingly rare. You're good, Meg, but not THAT good!LOL!

You have a youngling pestering you. Let 'em have at it. Take the most vicious attacks and make them part of your profile. How do you think I became a condescending prick of a husband? Courtesy of an anonymous commenter.

FWIW, you can also set up the comments so that only registered users can comment. Creating a blogger account isn't difficult, but even that little step will shed the more lazy little trolls off your hide.

D.

June 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home