.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

HI!

I was thinking about telling you guys the story I had promised and my day was so busy that I haven't had a chance until now.

I was going to tell you about another time I used fake badges to "bust" people. Actually, they weren't fake badges, they were real, they just weren't mine. My mother was on the Forest Preserve Commision and Du Page County Board and for some reason, they issued badges for such things. I don't know how much she used them, but my friends and I used them quite a bit. I'd just take them out of her purse on my way out the door and drop them back in on the way out. I didn't carry them all the time, I usually ended up going home to get them for one reason or another.

One time we went to a disco and a friends of mine used one of those old, picture-less ID's that I told you about before. Remember how people used to keep the old driver's license when they switched over to picture ID's? Well, anyway, one friend of mine named Jim lad loaned his old ID to a friend of ours, Jimmy. Jimmy wasn't old enough to get in but JIm was. (These are actually their real names.) We were all going dancing that night and Jimmy, my best friend Caryn and I got there before Jim did. When Jim did get there, the bouncers recognized his name, somehow, from when Jimmy used the ID. (Or, of course, they were just messing with him, or, as Caryn and I figured out later, Jim could have lied to us himself.) When Jim eventually showed up at our table, he told us this incredible story about how the bouncers remembered his name and took him to the men's room and shook him down for $80.

Caryn and I were really angry so we went to get the badges. We went back to the disco and flashed them at the bouncer and asked, "Who was bouncing here at about 9:30?" They were stunned. And, they were all to happy to point us in the right direction and away from them.

We got the two guys who were working the door at that time and we took them in the office. They denied everything so we shook THEM down for the $80. I hope we were right, I'd hate to think that we just robbed them.

Well, I just wanted to keep my word and tell you that story. Remember, tmorrow is Trivia Day so come back if you are spending a lazy Sunday afternoon. If I have time before church, I'll post it other wise, I'll do it as soon as I get back.

Right now, War Games is on and I've seen it so many times that I could fall asleep listening to it because I know what's happening on the screen.

Have a good morning and I'll see you soon!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home