.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

I’m home again...

...and about ready to take my shoes off. It’s a bit after midnight and I guess I’ll go to bed...there’s nothing else to do this time of night. I suppose I could get in trouble if I wanted to but I’m not in the mood. Maybe tomorrow.

Today I hung around the state and heard some music. I ate some slushy ice cream that didn’t finish icing or whatever it is that the stuff does. I saw some things that were found around here from the Civil War and that’s always fun. Buttons are pretty cool if they’re 150 years old and from a war...aren’t they? I guess you can still find them here with a metal detector. I don’t have one of those so I’d have to use a rake and that’s pretty much like lawn care so I don’t do it. I have buttons anyway. They’re just girlie buttons and no one seems to want them.

Earlier I remembered something lame that I did when I was 13. The Raspberries were very popular back then and Carefree Sugarless Gum was promoting their tour. They had a contest where the school who turned in the most gum wrappers got a concert from the Raspberries. Me and my girlfriend Penny organized that gum wrapper drive. I can’t believe that I thought we would be able to chew our way into a concert...but we did.

We collected gum wrappers like only a 13 year old girl would...we just bought a bunch ourselves and chewed it all up. The worst part is that I didn’t even like Carefree Sugarless Gum. And...I had just gotten my braces so I didn’t really chew any gum and certainly not gum that you couldn’t blow into a bubble. But...I did like Eric Carmen.

Of course, I liked Donny Osmond too...but I had some good music along the way. It’s pretty bad when you’re so old that your childhood idols are game show hosts...I can’t believe that Donny is doing that crap. That’s rather unnerving, isn’t it? What’s unnerving-ER is that I sat around and told this story once already tonight and now I’m just rehashing the same old stuff and the poor sap who heard it the first time is now reading it again and I feel sort of bad about that...but it’s probably gonna be OK.

So, that’s my first day of the year. Not too much fun, but not too bad either. I saw two good friends and that’s more than I do on a good day ordinarily. I saw the Redskins throw into an interception and that’s always a good thing to me. I can’t stand the Redskins. I don’t even care who they’re playing, I want them to lose so today I was an Eagle fan for a minute there...but I stopped after the game was over. I’m back to being a Bears fan again and now that they’re in the play offs, I might see some Bears games on TV. But they’re aren’t any games on tonight so I’m going to bed now. I’ll be back in the morning.

See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home