.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I’m back!

My son came to pick me up and acted like all was right with the world. He even brought me a strawberry shortcake ice cream thingie on a stick. That makes up for leaving me in a lurch this morning, doesn’t it? I do like those suckers. Whatever...I got there and home again. Now, if I can get there again tomorrow, I won’t have to worry about a ride until Monday when I have to go to the doctor’s office and job hunting.

My friend kept me busy today which was good, the time goes so fast when I’m busy. She’s in bad shape since I took care of her before. I wish I could drive so that I could get over there and help heal up the sores she’s developed. I left instructions for the lady who goes Monday through Friday and I’ll be able to tell if she follows them. If she does, the sores will get better, if she doesn’t, they won’t. I wrote that down for her in a nice way but I made it clear that the only way those sores worsen is if May isn’t repositioned often.

I took a chance and left the dog out of his kennel while I was gone, hoping that he wouldn’t eat the couch. He didn’t. So far I haven’t found any damage. Since he didn’t eat any furniture, I fed him his regular food.

The dog eats better than I do. That’s OK, he protects me and I wouldn’t be able to sleep, take a bath or get dressed without being afraid if I didn’t have him.

The dog food was on sale the other day so I got bunch of it. They didn’t have the kind I usually buy so I had to get something different. Why do they make dog food in shapes that people would find appealing? No dog ever had beef stew in the wild, I doubt that they’re impressed with the hunks or slices of meat by-products in gravy that the Alpo people seem to think dogs prefer. Some of that stuff looks mighty good and there’s actually dog food that smells better than some cans of stew or hash that I’ve opened up.

My mom used to pull stunts like that as well. She would make a gigantic hamburger shaped like a t-bone steak for my father. It didn’t help much, he still cheated on her. Before she died, she had actually given up on men and that’s a shame, she would have made some lucky man a good wife if she didn’t prefer playing cards with her women friends during the last few years of her life.

Maybe she had something there, who knows. The last time I spoke to her, she had just seen my father for the last time and even though she sounded weak, I could hear the happiness in her voice. I sent him there and I’m glad that I did. I think that he’s glad he did as well, even though he would never admit it.

My friend who took me to May’s this morning stopped off at MacDonald’s and bought me an Egg Mc Muffin. I haven’t had one of those in ages and I had forgotten how good they were. Silly, the things you take for granted.

On the way there, we saw a couple of people standing near a new business, dressed up like the Statue of Liberty. They were waving people into the new business. It occurred to me that I could do a job like that. I could dress up like an idiot and stand on the side of the road just as well as the next fool. The problem is, I don’t know where you apply for that one. It wasn’t too far from my house so I could walk to that job. Even though I’d feel silly walking down the street with the torch in my hand, once I got away from my house, no one would know who I was. A few of my neighbors might have an idea, but they wouldn’t know for sure. It seems to me that I heard someone say that though jobs paid well. They’d have to, wouldn’t they?

OK...I can’t go around actually applying for jobs right now, but I can make a few phone calls to places that are open on weekends so that’s what I’m going to do.

See ya later!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home