.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Hello there!

I hope you guys had a nice Thanksgiving, I did. The best part was working with patients who had to be in the hospital during the holiday...I like being there with them.

The holidays are nice to work because all the bosses are off and the doctors don't come in unless they have to so there are fewer orders to take care of. The patient's family is all there and everyone is in a festive mood so it's very nice to be there. And...some patients have food that family brought them and they always bring too much so I get to taste a bunch of different dishes.

Of course, it's not all happy, but even the most seriously ill patients are surrounded by family who are trying to keep everyone's spirits up. I had one patient who was only there until the family could set up hospice care because they're taking the patient home to die. That patient won't make it until Christmas...but they were here for Thanksgiving.

When sad things aren't happening to us, we forget that they could be happening to others. That's not a bad thing, we just get busy with our lives. But there are people all over the world right now going through quiet sadness like the family that I met last night. Meeting people like that helps me put things in perspective.

I still have to bitch a bit today...but not as seriously as I might have some other time. They screwed up my paycheck again. They mailed it to me when it was supposed to be direct deposited. They could have at least held it for me after what happened last month. But, at least it's on it's way. I hope when I get it, I don't find out that it's screwed up any more. I'm going to pay two month worth of rent with that check and with the next one I'm going to pay extra on my monthly bills so that when I have that procedure, I won't have to worry about recuperating in a cold, dark house.

Well, I think I'm going to go sleep for a while before I have to go to work again. I'll check back in after I wake up. Have a great day!

Meg

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving, Meg!

November 24, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OH!!! Hello there! I thought you guys had forgotten about me! Nice to hear from you! Back atcha girl!

Meg

November 24, 2006  
Blogger Determined said...

Oh, Meg, I'll never forget you - are you kidding??

November 25, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, for a week there, no one commented except the "young man claiming to be my cousin Paul's son". That was a bit freaky for a minute there...anyway, SO glad to hear from you!

Meg

November 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,

If this is the correct Meg, we are cousins and probably haven't seen each other in oh 20 some odd years. I am Karen's daughter, I would love to keep in touch so hopefully this is you.

Lori

December 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

Hi, so glad I found your blog. Don't know if you remember me but I am your cousin Lori, Karen's daughter. I would love to keep in touch hope to hear from you.

Lori

December 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

Hi, so glad I found your blog. Don't know if you remember me but I am your cousin Lori, Karen's daughter. I would love to keep in touch hope to hear from you.

Lori

December 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

Hi i am your cousin Lori, KAren's daughter. Hopefully we can chat.

Lori

December 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home