.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Well...Guess what???

Something stunning has happened. Today, for the first time that I can recall, I agree with every single answer that Abby had to give. Amazing...isn't it? What do you know? I bet the Cubs will win the Series before that happens again. Today, she was 3 for 3.

Cool....a few less problems that I have to solve. I'm just too tired tonight. I've had a long trip and I'm glad to be home with my own clicker, in my own recliner and singing out loud to decent music channels. Like I always say, if you can't sing, sing loudly. In my experience, it works better.

Really.

My flight was delayed and the stupid monitors in the airport said that my flight was "On Time". The computer and phone lines said it was late...but I didn't know that. So, my dad left and I went through security. Once again they took dumb stuff, my bottle of water...but let me keep my manicure set. On the way there, they took my eye cleaner and let me keep my razor...and it's a quad blade...there are four razor sharp (literally!) blades. Or...I could make one long one. But...I can't go after a woman with eye make-up remover...not even if it's Tammy Faye Bakker. That hag looks like she has attracted a few rather lonely male tarantula's. BUT... I CAN take that emory board and sharpen my long nails so that I could gouge out someones jugular...but I can't quench ANYONE'S thirst...not mine, not yours...not anybodies.

Now, tell me that isn't a government controlled division of something. You pay thinkers and they'll think of something...whether it makes sense or not. If the "idea" people don't produce...they lose their jobs. So, they spend a few days rubbing their heads and playing Spades and then on Friday, they go out for a 4 martini lunch and come up with rules that say my "quad-razor" can come in but my drinking water...that I purchased at the airport...can't. You'd think that they could put on of those bright orange stickers on them like the grocery store has. Maybe they could have different colors everyday.

Anyway...what I came here to say was this...when my dad dropped me off at the airport, I had a lot of time to kill. And, for no reason whatsoever...I began speaking in an accent. I couldn't even tell you what the accent was but I think it was European. No one ever did ask so I guess I lucked out.

I was planning an answer for that, "Where are you from?" question...but I was never asked. I was going to imply that I was from Northwest France...near Spain. It would have depended upon them and where they were from. Maybe I could have been a Hungarian who's been here for a while. If the nosey people were European, I just would have acted like I didn't speak English. If they were Americans or from some other place...I would have said Chantilly, France.

You know what really surprized me...people are extraordinarily nice to foreigners. Everyone was very helpful...and for the most part, I DID speak the language. Well, sometimes I spoke it better than others.

Sometimes, I would switch words like, "What time it is?" Other times, I would use the wrong words...like, "How is my suitcases?" instead of "Where are the suitcases?" I really, really didn't know where the baggage claim was, so I had to ask anyway...I just chose to ask in an accent. Besides...they all smiled...so it was good for them as well.

I think I'm going to do that again sometime.

Well, it's very close to 4 AM so I should hit the sack.

A few hours sleep and then John and I go head to head!

I'd like to smack helmets with you, horseshoe boy!

(just kidding-love you!)

Good night ya'll!

Meg

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't be close.... :-)

February 04, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I never said it would be!

February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Meg, you are so weird! I developed an Engish accent for a brief period once. But it was only b/c I had been hanging around these two English blokes at the hostel I was staying in. Haha I hadn't even realized it until people started asking me what part of Britain I was from! You know what's sexy though? Men with FRENCH accents. It's so cliche, but I nearly swooned after some Parisien gave me DIRECTIONS, lol.

Anyway, if that's Rick. You should be thankful that you got rid of HIM! Meg you are a beautiful person, both inside and out. You deserve someone better than him! But I'm sure you already know that :)

And you're right about Canada. No one ever mentions how windy Toronto is though. It should be called the Windy City of the North, I wonder if it's comparable to Chicago? Anyway, -35 WIND CHILL is NOT pleasant. But yeah, if you decide to come up one of these days I'll show you around :)

February 04, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

Hey Meg -
I hope your Bears win! Crossing my fingers!

February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again...to funny! Glad you made it home safe.

February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an ugly game....looks like the chicago press will have a field day ripping Grossman a new one..

Congrats on YOUR team making it to the super bowl. Lovie is a class act all the way.

February 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg:
How do you spell P-E-Y-T-O-N
Sorry Hon had to say it.

February 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home