.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Damn...

...I feel like I've been ignoring you guys. Sorry about that. I went for the port, it's in and I have a prescription for the lidocaine. I don't look forward to having to use it, but I have it anyway.

It was a LONG LONG day. I came home at about 3 PM and fell asleep immediately. I'm awake now but I doubt that I'll stay this way for any length of time.

Anyway, I woke up early this morning and went to the car to leave for the cancer center and the car battery was dead. I had to wake my son up. It turned out to be a good thing because they wouldn't have let me leave without a ride. My son took me there and my sister picked me up. I didn't want to bug anyone early in morning but I had no choice. Anyway, it's over now.

When I'm at work I see so many people women who have their husband's with them. It must be nice to have someone care that much about you. I sort of remember having that myself but it's more of a blurry memory, like a dream. I felt pretty sorry for myself today lying there with no one to hold my hand. I got over it quickly, mainly because they shot me full of drugs.

The other day there was a 25 year old man sitting in the lobby and when I went to the Starbucks in the hospital, I chatted with him for a while. His girlfriend was having some sort of procedure done to check out their baby. She was 4 months along and he was so happy, even though he didn't expect the baby. He was talking about how the baby was making him a "man". I told him that he was already a man. A man stays by his woman and that's what this kid was doing.

He was amazingly open with me. He had just found out that they were expecting a girl and he said that he was afraid because he might not ever let her out of his sight. You could tell from listening to him that he was going to be a great father. I just hope that he's as good of a partner to the mother of the baby.

He thought that he was too young to be a father but I told him that my father was younger than he was when I was born. My father is still there when I need him. He's at his best when he's caring for someone and he does a great job of caring for his ex-wife. He wanted me to find out how his ex-wife can take her hemodialysis here so that they could come up here and visit for a while.

My dad also has business to deal with as far as his sister is concerned. Remember my aunt who turned up missing about 2 years ago? Her son is the suspect in her disappearance. I think about her often and the fact that no one seems to care that she's missing. I was outside late the other night and it was sort of chilly outside. I wondered where my aunt was and how a person can just vanish with no one worrying at all about where she is. I'm sure her own brothers and sisters are upset about it but at their age there isn't much that they can do. I have a ton of cousins who wonder as well. I don't mean to say that her family doesn't care...but the cops and society in general aren't very concerned at all.

Can you imagine being murdered, hidden in the North Georgia mountains and have the person who did it to you get clean away with the crime? I can't imagine how a person can just disappear one day and stay gone without anyone looking for them. I hear about missing people on the news all the time. I guess you have to be a child or a pretty young woman for the news to mention the fact that you're gone.

It makes me wonder how many other people that has happened to. If it can happen in my family, it can happen to anyone. I didn't know my aunt very well at all. I didn't even know that she was living in this state until she vanished. But it doesn't mean that I don't care.

I went with my father to a court hearing of some sort and her son was there. The monster just whined that my father "hasn't seen her in 30 years". That's not quite true, but it is true that they hadn't seen each other since their mother's funeral. A lot of families sort of drift apart and lead their own lives. Years and years can pass before you see each other but that doesn't take the "family" feeling away. Her despicable son had a lot of nerve complaining that my father hadn't seen her for years...whenever my dad DID see his sister last, he didn't kill her.

Since my father is an attorney, he's the one that the family trusted with her finances. She isn't considered dead so her money is in trust until she is declared dead. He's an honorable man who will do what's right for her. But, unless they find her and prove that her son did kill her, he will eventually get all of her money. Doesn't that just make you ill?

I have to go get my jammies on so I'll sign off now and I'll be back after a while.

Meg

OK, I'm back. My sister is on the couch watching TV. She was born when I was 9 so I was old enough to change her diapers. I remember doing that. I would always be annoyed that I had to change her and she would watch me with such a sad look on her face that I couldn't feel too angry at her. By the time I had changed her, I would always smile at her and she would give me the biggest smile and hug in the world. She was my baby sister and she was the cutest little thing in the world.

I think of her the same way now. She's a sweet girl and she doesn't deserve all the things that have happened to her. I still want to take care of her and make things easier on her. She's had it rough.

She doesn't want me to discuss her ex but trust me, he "did her dirty" as my grandmother use to say. But my sister is such a sweet thing that she still says nice things about him. I could never be so sweet. I don't think I would even want to be that sweet. She's a better woman than I am...I could never be so decent to someone who dumped so much on me.

When my mother passed away, she thought that all of her daughters were happily ensconced in long term relationships. My mother adored Rick and wherever she is, I'm sure that he jaw is still dropped over what happened to my marriage.

At work, we occasionally have situations where a patient has a wife and a girlfriend. That's always fun. We can't treat the mistresses badly although I would LOVE to tell them what I think about them and the way they come to the hospital to visit a married man. I don't know how a person can walk into a hospital and lie in bed with a married person. They know that we all know the truth yet they come in and act as if they have any rights at all. I'm amazed at the gall of some people. I would be far too ashamed to show up at a hospital if I were tacky enough to screw a married man.

And what on Earth is the man thinking? They have to know that the nurses all realize what's going on. Is there no shame anymore?

While I was at the cancer center today, a guy came by the house to see me and he left his number. I don't know who in the heck it was. I asked my sister if he was good looking and she said, "I didn't think so but you and I have such different tastes in men." I'm debating in my mind whether or not I should call him back.

That could go either way. I could end up calling a munchkin. Or, if I don't call back, I could miss Prince Charming. I think I'll tell my sister to take pictures of any man who comes by and leaves his number for me.

Oh crap, I'll call him...just for kicks. And then, I'll let you know if I got the munchkin or the Prince.

I'll be back soon!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home