.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Good morning!

It's actually late night for me, I spent the night sitting up with Jean who was having a COPD exacerbation. I did what I could to keep her out of the hospital until my father woke up to take her to dialysis. I'm hoping that once she gets the excess fluid off of her lungs she'll be much better. But I have decided that we absolutely have to have oxygen here TODAY.

When they get back I'll call the doc and ask him to arrange to have the O2 delivered. Last night was awful. At about 10 PM she started getting real, real short of breathe. I gave her a breathing treatment and some steroids to bring the inflammation down. Then, at about 12:30, she started breathing much easier and when she did, she reached for a cigarette. I just about lost it. But somehow we made it until my father woke up. I tried to go to bed but after about 3 minutes, it occurred to me that my father would never be able to get her downstairs by himself so I just gave up and got back out of bed.

Although I don't want her to go to the hospital, if she did, I'd be able to run home for a few days so it really wouldn't bother me too much. On top of everything else, I need to have some blood work done. I should have had it done before I left Georgia but I didn't have the time. Also, I have to have Stewie fixed and I want to see Payton. I miss him so much that I get stomach flutters thinking about him.

If I get the blood work drawn, the doctor may order another round of chemo which would keep me in Georgia. I can't let THAT go. I'm starting to get the headaches again and that's never a good sign.

I prayed for patience all night long and somehow I found it in me to keep from freaking out. I can't do it again today unless I have a few hours of sleep. That's probably the worst part of being here, I have to stay up until Jean falls asleep and then my father wakes me up when he gets up so that I can feed her and give her her morning meds. You would think that it would occur to him that I might need a bit of sleep now and then. I'm getting to the point where I just snap at him...something I never would have dreamed of when I was younger. It does seem to work...he backs off. I wish I had tried that when I was 16.

OK then...I'm going to go feed Jean's cat and clean the kitchen. Have a good day and I'll be back the first chance I get. I haven't had any time to go online since I got here...maybe 20 minutes at a time. If I could go home, I would sleep, play with my dog and then I'd come back...honest I would!

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home