.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I woke up FREEZING this morning...

...and I figured that I screwed up and left the AC on too low. I couldn't figure out why my father didn't turn it off. I went to look and it was 62 degrees in here without the AC...it's just plain COLD here! So, I did what any cold skinny person would do, I turned the heat on. I expect my father to bitch a bit when he comes home but I can't help it. I'm far too cold to leave the heat off.

I sat on the couch wrapped up in a blanket and watched the beginning of American Justice. They were showing a woman named Linda Jones who was serving time for masterminding her husband's death. Of course she was on the show saying "It never occurred to me that this could happen." Well, I didn't know whether she was guilty or not until they showed a picture of the 18 year old that the hubby was sleeping with. Then I knew she had done it.

I understand why it would cross her mind, it certainly did cross mine. But I never actually killed my husband. I can't imagine either doing it or getting away with it. But if I WERE going to do it, I wouldn't have hired 3 men to do it for me...if you can't trust one, how can you trust 3 of them? Sooner or later one of them would spill the beans to save their own ass. I didn't watch the rest of that show but I bet 50 bucks that's what happened.

I would think that if I wanted someone dead so badly, I would be ready to serve the time for doing it. I wouldn't sit in prison denying it after I was convicted. How stupid can she be to think that anyone would believe that her husband survived 30 years of marriage but just happened to be bludgeoned to death during an affair with a teenager? It happened in 1995...maybe she would have called Cheaters if that had been an option. I wonder how many of those people would have committed murder if they didn't have Cheaters as an option? Ooh, wouldn't it be odd to find out that Cheaters actually saves lives?

Jean wants to go to Paris for a weekend and she wants me to take her there. I hope she forgets that idea soon. My father took her to Europe last year and he said it would be easier to get a bunch of box cutters and a pistol through security than to get Jean through. Apparently she bitched the entire time and they almost didn't let her on the flight. I don't need to be a part of an evening news story.

I thought about taking her to Chicago...but once again, the security check points are an issue. I would drive her there but my father said she does what she does here...smokes constantly and drops lit cigarettes in the ashtray. That would drive me insane. I wouldn't get on a bus and I would imagine that a train would be just as bad. Oh well, with her dialysis, we would have to take a plane to go anywhere and if she has a problem taking off her shoes for security...she can't fly.

I offered to take her to the beach for a weekend. That way she could walk out onto the beach from a nice room if she wanted to. Maybe that'll work. But, the temperature has to be over 70 for that. The first time I ever came to Florida it was cold...I was so annoyed. I bet there are people here now on vacation thinking, "What the heck is going on here?" The other day it was warmer in Chicago than it was here.

My father just got back from the store. I went the other day and apparently I bought the wrong type of paper towels. He likes the kind that are too small...it supposedly saves paper. It seems as though all old people use those short paper towels and I don't know why. I end up using 3 because one is never enough and it's almost impossible to rip off two so I end up with more than I need. I think the short paper towels are a dumb idea.

My dad likes to shop "frugally". He goes to Sam's and buys a huge container of Windex and other name brand things when I know it would be cheaper to buy the store brand. There's not as many shoppers as cheap as I am so when I see my dad buying Clorox...it makes me NUTS! It's nothing but a chemical so there's NO reason to buy the name brand there. My daughter buys the most expensive shampoo out there and that makes me crazy because hair is hair...nothing but dead skin cells and people pay a LOT of money for shampoo that fixes "dead hair". It's ALL dead! The cheapest shampoo in the world is good enough to get your head clean. Oh...if anyone likes ketchup...it's me. My mother would only buy Heinz ketchup but when I started shopping, I found out that the store brand tastes exactly the same. Once someone told me that the big companies actually sell their products to other companies who put their own labels on and charge less. I don't know if that's true or not...but I buy the cheapest that I can.

There are a few things that aren't the same...like tuna fish. I bought generic tuna once and almost puked just opening the can. It wasn't even the same color. I'm quite sure that if I had bought cat food, it would have tasted better than that generic tuna. And I wouldn't even want to try generic liver sausage. I don't like liver and I'm not a huge sausage fan. I'm not sure what they put in there and I don't think I want to know.

My grandfather went to a hot dog factory once and when he saw anyone eating one he would always say, "If you knew how they made those, you wouldn't be eating that hot dog!" He may be right...but once again, I just don't want to know. They say that they sell everything but the oink when they slaughter a pig. I suppose they do the same with cows. If I'm eating a cow's tail...I would prefer to remain ignorant. I try to make myself feel better by only buying Nathan's or Hebrew National hot dogs. Also, I stay away from all hot dogs that describe themselves as "meat". If they can't even get specific enough to name the animal...I don't take a chance. A meat sandwich isn't my idea of a tasty lunch. I'm quite sure that meat is a code word for "the crap you wouldn't eat if you chopped up an animal".

Oh well. Now I can't eat ANY meat for a while. I'll have to get these thoughts out of my mind before I'll be able to eat anything besides ice cream. Damn...I just thought about the fact that the government allows a certain percentage of bugs in all food. I'm not sure what that percentage is...but I don't want to eat any amount of bugs.

OK...I have to stop now or I WILL puke.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home