.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yia sou!!!

Remembering the day I spent with a Blog Buddy in Tarpon Springs last month, today's 'Hello!' is from the Greek Islands and it's pronounced yah-soo...so, Yia Sou to you, to Wendy, to everyone back at Hellas Restaurant and to Greeks all over the world! Oh, and for the dude who started our food on fire at the table....a great big OOPA!

Damn, I just spit a tiny little spit dot on my screen when I said "Oopa!" (I read this thing out loud, I have nothing else to do.)

Anyway, I played pool last night and I won. Once again, they put me up against a woman and I won. This one was a squeaker though, she was ranked high enough so that she would have had to win 4 to my 2. We went to 1 and 3 so the last game was for all the marbles and I won. I played well but she was quite good herself so it took a while to beat her and when I finally did, she really beat herself. In the last game she broke and didn't sink any so on my turn, I dropped all but my last 2 balls and the 8 ball. She took her turn with ball in hand and ran all of her balls and then she missed the 8 ball. She should have had that shot but she choked. Then, on my last turn I sunk my last two balls and the 8 ball which she had conveniently left sitting right at a corner pocket for me so all I had to do was avoid scratching which I did because bottom English is a good thing if used properly.

I had planned on coming home after pool and making a video of Payton saying "Yia Sou!!!" but I ran into a guy that I go out with every so often (and to those keeping score over at the Chock Full of Nuts blog written by the BOOB, I have NOT slept with this one. ) and I ended up giving him a ride home because he had had too much to drink to drive. He was so cute (except when we took his car keys away) that he was fawning all over me...in a good way, not in a, "Hi, can we fuck now?" way.

I took him home and he kept saying, "I love you!!!!!" I said, "No you don't...those Bourbon and Cokes love me." It's a good thing we don't live in Reno and that I was sober because he also wanted to get married...last night.

Anyway, we were sitting on his front porch and a cop drove past us, slowly. I shouted out a line from a movie, "Hey, we got under age women and drugs in here!" (Once again, to the BOOB and his fan, we did NOT have under age women nor did we have drugs.) The cop immediately slowed down and turned around. It freaked me out a bit. He slowly passed us, not even trying to hide the fact that he was checking us out. Then, a little while later, a couple of chicks were walking down the street and the cop drove by again and stopped the girls to ask for ID. It happened right in front of us. Then we noticed that there were more than the one cop cruising around so we just went back inside for a little while and waited for them to go away before I left. I wasn't drunk but I wasn't drunk when I got the DUI either, I was just tiny enough to be legally over the limit after 2 beers.

I had a couple of beers at pool but it had been a few hours since I had anything but iced tea. I stopped drinking after my match and even a few hours later, I wasn't taking any chances with these Cobb County cops. They say that Cobb stands for Count On Being Busted and I believe them. Anyway, when I did drive home, I was right in front of a cop for a few miles and didn't know it until I stopped at a light and he stopped in the left turn lane next to me. I had seen the car, I just never knew that it was a cop. I'm SOOOO glad that I wasn't speeding.

I've been a damn good driver ever since that Jason DeMarzian accident...as I said, those pictures stay in your mind for a long time so I will be driving very carefully for a very long time.

So, I owe you guys a short video of Payton but I'm still in my jammies and my mascara has me looking like a raccoon so I'll make that video later if you don't mind.

Oh, that guy also invited me out to dinner tonight but I don't know if he knows that. There's a good chance he meant it and there's a good chance that he's asking himself, "Did I ask Meg to marry me last night?" LOLOLOL...thank God I had my wits about me. I could have woken up married to a HUGE dude who used to play arena football. I like the "huge dude" part...but I don't think I want to spend my evenings picking my husband up because he no one will give him his car keys.

I've mentioned this guy before, he's the one who wears a 5 X t-shirt. I didn't even know that was an option.

I like this way of dating. Not where I have the guy because he's too drunk to get away from me, but where I just go out with a small group of guys that I like. I don't see any of them enough to get serious which is good because that means that no one can get jealous or controlling. I hate controlling men almost as much as I hate liars.

OK then...I think that I should go do something productive. I don't know what yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

See ya!

Oh, arena football dude just called and he DOES remember dinner, we're going out tonight. And don't worry, I won't get married. Not until the alimony is done anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home