.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tungjatjeta!!!


OK, so that's how you say "Hello!" in Albania! (pronounced Toon-jat-yeta)

Man, some people take a long time to say Hello but as the Tree said in Lord of the Rings, "anything worth saying is worth taking a loooong time to say". Oh well, I've been living in the South long enough to hear some of the hill people say a simple "Hi!" with 6 syllables in that one two letter word.

Last night I stayed up until 3 AM unpacking all of the stuff that I brought back from Florida this time. I had actually forgotten that I had some of that stuff. Oh, I found something else and now I owe Rick an apology. I found my passport. All this time I thought that Rick had taken it even though he swore he didn't. But, I learned a long time ago that when Rick says, "No! I cannot tell a lie, I did not do it", you can't really put much stock in his denials. OK, so this time he told the truth. Big fucking deal.

Of course, I do have my passport now so I can leave the country any time I want to at a moments notice. Is there anybody out there who wants me to come visit them? I can go anywhere I want to except where my government has soldiers stationed...that might be foolhardy.

I know that people from other countries read this so I have to tell you guys something. You may already know it but just in case, we are not our government so don't hold it's actions against us. I admit we elected Bush...but after the nation lost faith in the GOP because of Nixon, we elected a bigger idiot named Jimmy Carter. So, Bush 2 is the republican answer to the democrats who stuck a peanut farmer in the White House in 1976. Bush is what you get after the Clinton fiasco just like Carter is what we got after the Nixon fiasco.

Anyway, my point is, I had nothing to do with Guatanamo Bay, bombs or cameras made to look and act like bugs. OK, let me sort of make up for that stuff in my own small way. I'm going to tell you something that you may not believe and if you don't, I wouldn't blame you. I didn't believe it until it was explained to me so now I know it's true.

I have a friend from the Chicago area who studies things that the eye can see. He works in a lab where they are trying to make things invisible. This guy isn't a joke, he's fully funded and has a bunch of physics dudes working with him. I can't really explain the entire invisible thing but it goes something like this:

What your eye sees is actually a light wave. You perceive the light waves bouncing off the things you're looking at. These guys are using magnetics to bend those light waves in such a way that you would never be able to see what they're hiding. Therefore, the thing you should see is invisible to you.

We discussed it in great detail but that's about all I got out of the conversation. So, don't be surprised if some invisible dude is in your living room watching you do whatever it is you do when you close your curtains. It's not ready yet, but it won't be terribly long. My friend expects to see it in his lifetime.

We had a nice long political chat as well. Did you know that when Congress passed a law stating that a border wall should be built, the bill was written in such a way that we have to get permission from so many people to actually build the damn thing (including the permission of the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT!!!) that it'll never get done? That's how these guys keep their jobs...they promise to do things and then on the rare occasion that they actually DO enact legislation, they do it in such a way as to ensure nothing will really be done. They ran for election saying that they would do something about the ease of entry into the USA and then when they get the job, they mind fuck us.

What the hell is wrong with a simple wall? It shouldn't take so long to do something so sensible. We all have walls around us and they all say the same thing...PLEASE USE THE FRICKING DOOR! How could a wall be anything but good? Oh well, this is America and our government is run by a bunch of professional campaigners so it's no wonder they don't keep promises, how could they? By the time they're sworn in they have to start campaigning all over again. They used to consider serving the government a public service that we should all do, it was never intended to be a career.

OK, let's see, Hello in Albanian, invisible stuff, a border wall, a jab at Southerners, our pissy government...what have I forgotten?

I think that's about it for now. Oh, tonight is my pool league. I can't wait! I have such fun shooting pool. The last time I played (two weeks ago today) I won but it doesn't count because I beat a girl.

:):):)


By the way, I just found this on another blog ( http://thesilverliningoflife.blogspot.com/ )and I thought that it was so good that I had to steal it:

What a difference a few words can make!

One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet and a sign that read: 'I am blind, please help.'
A creative publicist was walking by and stopped to observe. He saw that the blind man had only a few coins in his hat. He dropped in more coins and, without asking for permission, took the sign and rewrote it. He returned the sign to the blind man and left. That afternoon the publicist returned to the blind man and noticed that his hat was full of bills and coins.
The blind man recognized his footsteps and asked if it was he who had ewritten his sign and wanted to know what he had written on it.
The publicist responded: 'Nothing that was not true. I just wrote the message a little differently.' He smiled and went on his way.
The new sign read:
'Today is Spring and I cannot see it.'
Sometimes we need to change our strategy. If we always do what we've always done, we'll always get what we've always gotten.

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I worked with a man in the 1980's from GA, who had been transferred up here to PA. he would take forever to speak a sentence. It was interspersed with him closing his eyes, rolling his head back, and saying "ahhh" a lot. Our boss used to say that if he closed his eyes that much when he talked he'd fall asleep! Fond memories :-)

May 13, 2008  
Blogger ImNoBetterThanU said...

Thanks! I love that someone reads that blog! That is the one blog you can go to and it will NEVER contain anything negative! Well, I suppose someone could leave a nasty comment, but I would delete it :0)

You can come visit me, but no passport required...lol
Of course you would probably want to wait a few months so that I can get everything in order. I am still all messed up after the move, being unemployed, and now working at a new job! But if you have never been to Texas and ever feel like visiting I can show you around!

May 13, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

John,

When I first moved down here I couldn't believe that the check out lady was actually TALKING to the woman ahead of me AFTER she had paid! The pace is quite a bit slower asis the speech but I've adjusted.

And ImNo is right, his blog is always pleasant and provocative.

:)

May 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home