.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good morning!

I had my party last night and considering everything, I'm pretty impressed that I'm awake enough to write this. I don't even have a hangover although I don't know why. I got a LOT of presents but no one got me a pool cue. They all said the same thing, "I was going to buy you a new stick but I thought that for SURE someone else would get you one."

Well, no one did. I left my last stick somewhere and I think I know where, but I didn't know it was missing for so long that by the time I noticed it, far too much time had passed to get it back. What do you expect, a pool stick is something that I only use when I'm playing pool and I always have a beer or 4 when I shoot pool so I was bound to lose it sooner or later.

All I wanted for my birthday (besides wanting to see all of my kids and my grandchidren) was a pool stick and to get my electric bill paid. That damn $500 bill is gonna take forever to catch up on. I'll just add a hundred bucks to the payment for the next 5 months. It's a good thing I wasn't already behind on that, I'd be typing on a keyboard that had no power hooked up to it right now.

For some reason, when it's your birthday, strangers send you drinks. I totally lost count after a few of them came to me. I had to start giving them away as party favors. My girlfriend roped off an entire section of her bar and had the party for me. I'm so glad that I didn't have it here, I would have had it tonight and that means that I would be running around cleaning and cooking appetizers right now instead of relaxing around the house. I have a date tonight too. I wouldn't have been able to go on that if I'd had the party tonight.

Three guys who I've dated came to the party last night. Luckily none of them showed up until I had enough to drink so that I didn't care if they ran into each other or not. Two of them wanted to act like they were my date for the evening and I had enough Jack Danial balls to tell them that I was going solo for my party. If one of them was my date, he would have wanted to take me home to give me a birthday roll in the hay but I wasn't at all in the mood for that. Besides, I wanted to dance with everyone and I did.

I'm not as sore as I thought I would be but I don't feel like mowing the lawn at all. If no little magic people show up today to mow it for me, I'll have to do it tomorrow myself. That's OK, I'd rather mow the lawn myself and sleep alone.

I got the cutest little apron for my birthday and I can't wait for a mess to clean so that I can wear it. I always wear aprons when I'm doing the dishes and my last apron lost a string so I haven't been able to use it for quite a while. I never thought of aprons as being cute, but this one is adorable. I've NEVER seen such a cute apron. Any other apron I ever wear now will be ugly compared to this one.

OK, somehow you guys have brought me up in the standings of that fish race thing. I'm only 700 miles away from the leader so it's not entirely out of the question for me to get up there. If you guys could just go to a few web sites on that thing each, I could do really, really well. Of course I doubt that I'll win, but who the hell knows? With friends like you guys, it could happen! So, help me out and make the others eat my dust!

http://www.playballoonacy.com/show/81682315a650ad611eec1c2b8fd02730

3 Comments:

Blogger ImNoBetterThanU said...

I did not know what I was doing when I went to boost your balloon but you are right you are much closer to the leader than you were! How cool! It would be awesome if I could say I helped the winner of the first ever balloon race...hehe.

Good luck with your date this evening.

June 28, 2008  
Blogger perdido said...

We need a pic of the apron!

June 28, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Im...imagine how much I want to do it since I've been getting so much closer! You guys are really helping, keept it up, it's almost over and if you want, you can put me on your mailing lists of annoying emails.

And you shall get one as soon as I'm back home. I can't promise when that'll be, hell I'll just do it now.

See ya!

(My date is on my couch:):):)

June 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home