.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hello there!!!

I overslept big time today because I stayed up until 3:30 AM. I did that because I came home from playing pool at about one and then I wanted to stay awake long enough to watch Family Guy. So, I slept the first part of the day away instead of sleeping the third part of the day away. That puts me on a nasty sleep schedule. It may take me a week to get back to normal.

I absolutely do NOT understand that Internet Race thingie. I see that you guys are doing your part...enough of you gave me boosts of energy or whatever it is that you do. But I don't know what in the heck to do with it. THIS is STUPID. It says to go faster with the boosts but it never says how the hell to go. I wish you could see what I see. If anyone out there DOES know how to make this thing go, please tell me. I'm completely stumped.

Thank you guys for doing the thing, I appreciate it. I WILL figure this out. Very early this morning I pushed a button and it took me up to 300th place which isn't bad out of 30 thousand. But I have no clue what's going on so I'm flying, I'm just flying blind.

You know, on Sunday I turn 50. (Rick is ALREADY 50...LOLOLOLOL. He hates when I do that.) Anyway, at this point in life I don't know if the design of the site is messed up or if my brain is. I could be sitting here bitching about the site and the whole time I could be missing a great big button that says "GO!". I could be getting Alzheimer's but how would I know? There's no one here to tell me not to cook a shoe so what if I suddenly did something like that?

You know, apparently AARP sends you crap as soon as you turn 50. That's just not right. I don't want any AARP shit coming to my house. If I want the senior discount, I'll ask for it. No one needs to remind me that I'm getting old, I'm aware.

And do you know what old people do in the middle of the night? Well, we go through all of our coupons and take them to the grocery store. I did that last night. It's so peaceful in the grocery store at 2 AM. For some reason, there re a lot of pet food coupons out there so I'm getting a lot of dog food that I would never pay for. I hope Payton enjoys it because he'll go back to Alpo soon.

My sister didn't have to work today so I guess that's why I was able to get away with sleeping so late. She's probably sleeping all day too. Damn it, I have errands to run today so I need to shower again. That's every day this week and I haven't gotten dirty once. I don't know why the world requires these daily showers.

Oh! After I turn 50 I should probably be putting some handle-bars in the shower so that I don't fall in there. I would be looking around for someone to help and the only person around is usually a dog. Maybe I should look into getting one of those, "I've fallen and I can't get up" necklaces, ya think?

I suppose that I could just bathe but even that can be a tad dangerous at times. I was lying back in the tub one day last month when the cat suddenly slipped off of the side and into the water. It made me laugh for such a long time that I could barely breathe. Normal people don't want to just sit all alone in a bathtub laughing themselves silly. It's unseemly.

When I was a single mom going to college, I started getting mail addressed to The Parents Of: ME. That's the first time that I figured out that schools and other government agencies all sell your addresses to private businesses. I don't appreciate that. I don't call up rocket factories and give them NASA's number and the government shouldn't sell my address to AARP. Can you imagine the nerve of them? How dare they tell ANYONE that I'm turning 50...much less AARP people. That's rather presumptuous if you ask me.

OK, I wanted to thank you guys who are taking time out of your days to click on stupid shit for me. Keep doing it and I'll try to figure out how to make it work. If I could get to 300th place without really trying, I suppose it shouldn't be too touch to put effort into it. Thanks again and if anyone knows how to make this race thing work, let me know!

Here's the link for the race thing:

http://www.playballoonacy.com/show/81682315a650ad611eec1c2b8fd02730


BY THE WAY...this is an important piece of information should you be shopping at Best Buy:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/restock.asp

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha you are getting old!!!!!! The big 50, makes me feel young.

your YOUNGER sister Lori

June 25, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

It may make you FEEL..but honey, you AREN'T!!!

LOLOLOL, see ya granny!

June 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I am right there with ya on the granny front. But no matter what... I am still younger.

Lori

June 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgetting is the first sign of old age.

Lori

June 26, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No, saying "I'm younger than you!" is the FIRST sign.

June 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a pain. Where are my tapes??????


Lori

June 26, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

And you are a joy to have around. I am so broke right now I'm afraid to spend any money on anything that I don't absolutely need. You can:

A. Wait a couple of weeks until I have the money

OR

B. Go to the I Love Lucy buton below the flagcounter and stick the money in there. I'll get it and send you the stuff ASAP.

Of course, if you want to wait AND stick some cash in there for my birthday...50th you know!...I will put the money to good use.

:)

Did I ever tell you what a pretty sister you are?

June 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home