.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Good morning!

I'm up at a decent hour because I was a blob yesterday and I fell asleep early. I had to be a blob, I can't take a chance of hobbling into that judge show with a crutch. I'm going this week, you know.

The producer (they have a bunch of them) is going to Fed-Ex the tickets and taxi vouchers today. Stay tuned to see if I win my law suit! I wish that I could say that I would take the money and fly to Europe but once I pay all of my bills, there wouldn't be enough left. I still have to pay off my father, all my credit cards and the next electricity bill, God knows that can't be cheap.

They usually say that they stick to the rules in your own state. Well, in Georgia, the small claims limit is 15 grand. I could have come up with a helluva lot more receipts than I sent to the show. But I stopped at 5 grand thinking that was the limit. It may be, I never saw anyone get more than that.

Anyway, I don't have to worry about my house while I'm gone. In addition to Payton, I have a real live American soldier in my house. I think my stuff is safe. Oh! His best friend is a cop so I hope he comes over a lot too.

Cops, soldiers and a mutant large pit bull/boxer mix. That should do it.

My daughter karaoked (sp?) at a friend's party Saturday night. When she told me, I asked her how much she had to drink. She said, "A lot." I could have figured that one out. I've done that too, but only after about 3 drinks. I wasn't drunk enough to sing badly, I was just happy enough to do it in front of people...loudly. I have this saying, "If you think you sing poorly, sing louder." It helps, I swear.

The judge show doesn't care when I want to fly home from LA, they just put you up in a hotel for two days and you can make the return flight for "months from now." for all they care. I'll make it for a few days after I do the show so that I can visit my daughter for a while.

I won't be climbing up the mountain to the Hollywood sign, but I'm sure we'll have fun, we always do. Last night we were talking as she was walking to the store to get ice cream (she's her mother's daughter) and she told me that she passed this big abandoned house set back off the road and there were rat's crawling up the side of it. Isn't that icky? Then she said that a huge reddish cockroach looking thing ran across her path. I would have freaked but she just said "Ick!" and went on her way. I don't think I could have fallen asleep without hanging out of my bedroom window all night checking for wall climbing rats.

I've been to her house, it's in a nice Hasidic neighborhood. I don't know why they have an abandoned rat house off of La Brea.

I'm still in my jammies but these jammies could double as a summer outfit. I wonder if I could leave the house like this? I heard that some people HATE when they see peeps in their jammies walk into a store. I've done that and I don't care if anyone likes it or not. When I see people that matter I usually primp first. For fellow shoppers, I'm not even taking my slippers off.

I can't imagine why me being in jammies at the store would offend another person. The only reason that I can think of is that all the normal things people used to be offended by have become so PC that you can't say a word without sounding politically INCORRECT. But, it's safe to abuse jammy clad shoppers because they could be of any color, religion, political orientation, SEXUAL orientation, of any sex and any weight. It's safe to pick on us.

It's not like I walk into Kroger wearing a negligee, I just wear those flannel pants and a t-shirt. I admit they're one step below sweats but the difference is negligible. I'm still well covered and I do put a tit-sling on.

I remember when women were fighting for the right to do whatever they wanted to do so I can't believe anyone would begrudge me my right to jammy shop. All the rotten stuff happening around the world deserves more attention. Not my shopping attire.

It's really a moot point because I'm not going shopping. But...if I were, I would wear my jammies just to annoy those with nothing better to do than look down their noses at me and my jammies at the grocery store.

:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, you cannot and should not go out of your house in your jammies. I don't care if it sounds like I am picking on you. It is just slovenly.
I see 'them' (jammie wearers) in London taking the bus...what the..!!!
They get on the bus at 10 or 11am and go visit their friends!!!! Then in the afternoon they are riding the bus back home again for god's sake!!!
That is TACKY!
They go to Sunday markets in jammies!!!
LOL....ok, I don't care one way or other. I wouldn't do it.

Oh, and I hope you win. You have to, or you'll be walking around in your jammies for quite some time..lol.

July 07, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOLOL, thanks, me too. It's not like I leave the house without make up, just clothes.

:)

July 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home