.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 21, 2008

I finally got...


...my new keyboard plugged in so that I can type. My E, R, T and Y weren't working. I couldn't even type in my passwords without one or more of those letters. So, I typed what I could and waited until I went to Target to tell you the rest.

Imagine my frustration when I had an epiphany and couldn't tell anyone because I couldn't say ANYTHING! You know how you can be thinking of one thing and all of a sudden something else pops into your mind? That happened to me. I was making my bed and thinking of something completely innocuous when something hit me...literally like a ton of bricks. I finally figured something out that I should have seen sooner.

Someone who pretends to be my friend, and the friend of a few other bloggers as well, is really a two-faced lying skank and she's the one who has been sending all the information that she gathers as our friend out there to cyber-land. She's done a good job of it but in all fairness, spotting her was like believing that Rick cheated. I trusted her so I didn't look past that trust, never, not once. I simply believed that she was beyond reproach for no other reason than she was a friend of mine. I had never even met her and I gave her the same faith that I would have given a person who has earned my faith and there's something wrong with that.

I could tell you all who it is now but if I did, most of you wouldn't believe me. You'd think that I was totally wrong or just off base. But after thinking the very same thing, I've figured out that I was right from the very beginning but wrong when I didn't question my own stupid questions.

First, I wondered so much about why some nut was on my blog 50 times a day. I wondered enough to stick the stats in an email and send them to my friend. She said, "LOLOLOL, that's MY IP!"

I tagged it and never worried when I saw it, not once. I knew it was a friend and that's all I ever thought about it. I tagged it with the word FREAK because I tagged it before I knew it was hers, when I sent it to her to show her the freaky comings and goings of some nit wit. I was right in the first place, it WAS a nut and if anyone else had pointed it out to me, I would have seen that for what it was but I TRUSTED her. So, I stopped trusting myself.

Then, someone sent me a quotation made by someone about me and from what I remember it started, "I was sitting on a couch with Meg on one side talking to Cheek Dude and her sister on the other side..."

I paid little attention to that. Once again, I stopped trusting myself when I trusted that nutcase so I didn't heed my own personal warnings. I forgot about that line and went on my way, figuring it was just another lie spread by some cyber-nuts. It never occurred to me that I could be right in the first place...someone that I trusted locally was screwing me over.

The other day I looked at the word FREAK on my stats and wondered how she came to my site so much but rarely did she comment. When I was attacked by one nutcase, I should have wondered how she stayed out of it all together. She was coming to my blog 30 times a day for months on end but never did I see her comment more than once every other month. Every single friend that I had mentioned the nutcase at one point or another...why didn't this bitch?

As I said, I could tell you who it was but it would be useless. Either you don't know her or you do know her and you'd never believe me. Just do one thing, take off the veil of trust that you've given everyone that you know online and look for those who have earned it. Usually, you can tell who you can trust by asking yourself, "Who has trusted me?" So, if someone has trusted YOU, you can assume that they're OK. If all of their emails read like a third party is reading them, then someone else is probably reading them.

The person who I'm talking about should recognize herself. And she may very well think that she can charm her way back into my trusted "inner circle" of friends. That won't ever happen again. I will never look at her through the eyes of a trusted friend again so I'll not miss her bullshit when she throws it at me. So, unless she's really, really stupid, I doubt she'll ever try that.

OK then, I have to do a few things for my trip out of town tomorrow. My flight leaves early in the morning so I'll take care of a few things and then come back online. I wanted to write something but I HAD to announce my epiphany to everyone as well. The only way that I could tell you about the Benedict Arnold was to explain it all from the beginning so now that I have, I'll think of something else.

I'll be back soon!

Meggers

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I hope you don't think it's me!

Darlene...no...you wouldn't...

July 21, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOLOL...trust me, you don't have to wonder. The right person knows damn well who I mean. This isn't a "Could she mean me?" sort of question...this is a "Damn, what did I do wrong!" sort of question.

It's an absolute no-brainer!

July 21, 2008  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

It makes me sad when you think that you can trust someone, you confide in them and then later...it blows up in your face. Sorry you had to go through that Meg. I don't know who it is, I know that you have a lot of friends here and that just makes me sad.

July 21, 2008  
Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

Is this a new game? "Guess the Secret Identity of the Lying Ho?"

In my best Bob Barker, of course

July 21, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

The saddest part is that she's still trying to play it off.

Oh well. I expected that.

Eliza, you're so funny.

:):):)

July 21, 2008  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

dang I really want to know who it is....I have a 'suspect'


my word verification akawjpwq

July 21, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Be smart and trust your own instincts!

July 22, 2008  
Blogger akakarma said...

What kind of Dodo would suck up to.... wait there's a truce!
Well you know what I mean.

July 22, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOL, yeah. And it's gotta be killing some people!

Peace

July 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home