.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Meg, I think you are asking for trouble if you let CG continue on this line of behaviour..."

In case I didn't make it clear, his actions last Tuesday were deal breakers, with absolutely no room for discussion. If you don't know what the yahoo did, you can read it here:

http://diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/2008/10/people-can-be-so-stupid.html

I've been ignoring CG's calls and since I haven't gone anywhere, I haven't run into him. I wouldn't ever stay with a guy who acted like this nit wit. Trust me.

I was wondering how someone who was as old as this guy (he's older than he originally told me, he lied on our first date...about his age AND his job) could get through so many, many years of life and come out thinking that the behavior he exhibited was acceptable. This guy was married with children. What sort of woman would deal with this crap long enough to have more than one kid?

I certainly won't deal with it. I've dumped guys because of their grammar. One guy was outta there for saying, "Sweet!" to every single sentence that I spoke. One very nice man wanted to take me out with his kids. I felt as though that was relationship level jumping and I wasn't ready for that yet. So...ciao dude! I have no problem walking away at all, not one little bit. As a matter of fact, I don't walk away, I skip away.

In the 4 years since I've been single again, I've dumped many more guys than I can remember. I do this "one date" thing where I try to go on as many first dates as possible. It's great, you always go to cool places and the guy is always on his best behavior. It's better than any relationship that I could possibly have. And the best part is, I've had the same wonderful fuckbuddy for close to 4 years.

Although first dates are cool, first fucks are not. It takes a while for a couple to work out a nice rhythm. I don't date guys long enough to fuck, I sure don't have a chance to train one of them. But my fuckbuddy is perfect...as fuckbuddies go. He's bright, he and I can talk for hours, he's young, he's tall and...I cannot stress this enough...he is one beautiful specimen of a man. It's like God said, "Her life will totally suck so let's give her the perfect guy to have sex with." On Thanksgiving, he will be at the top of my list of things for which I am ever so grateful. I hit the fuckbuddy lottery.

But, I digest.

Anyway, as I said in the original post, I've seen him a time or two every week for a month or so. I've known him for years and he's been asking me out for the entire time. This is not the first time that I've finally acquiesced to a guy after saying, "No thank you." countless times. I've done it a few times and it has ALWAYS ended disastrously. I should learn to consistently trust my own feelings...and run away BEFORE I have to bolt like the dickens and listen to my phone ring and ring when I have to avoid someone.

Actually, this isn't the first time that I've written about this guy. I was referring to him when I wrote about a guy I was sucking face with recently:

http://diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-went-out-last-night.html

As we were making out, his hands started wandering south. I have one helluva border security system and it went on high alert and stopped him. Basically, what happened is that I said no and he responded by asking me, "Why?"

Why? Why? Do you really want to KNOW why?

He was creeping me out. The kissing was bad enough. I don't know why I let it go on that long. See? I should have trusted my first instincts. That was the first and last time that I made out with him. He probably expected something this past Tuesday but of course, he totally creeped me out that night.

It occurred to me that when I was much younger, I might have accepted this behavior. I probably would have argued about it, but I wouldn't have walked away over it. But when I was young, the worst guys that I dated were some of the prettiest. At least there was an attraction. THAT'S how I got into so many messes. With this guy, I didn't even have that going on.

So, yeah, I walked away from this one with very little lost but some time...and this lesson...Do NOT continue to go out with someone if you have to WORK on really liking them.

Now my only problem concerning this guy is the fact that today is Tuesday. That means that tonight is pool league. He knows where I'll be. If he shows up and starts to blow my game for a second week in a row, I'm kicking his 69 year old ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home