.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, January 05, 2009



Happy Twelfth Day of Christmas!!!!

Well, it's the last day of Christmas and I made it out of the hospital before it ended. I was pretty bored...I spent most of my time pushing the button on the morphine pump. That was fun.

So, now that I'm home, I'm enjoying vision. My glasses are broken and while I can wear them at home while I watch TV in my house alone, I can't do it in public. And, like it or not, a hospital room is far from private. You have no clue who might drop in at any given time.

Oh, by the way, I DID end up eating gelatinous fruit cocktail! I got a kick out of that one. Oh, my hip is cracked but it's cracked in a place where they would have to replace my hip and I'm not done with this one yet. So, I spent a few days in traction. I would have stayed longer but a doctor came into my room early this morning and the words "nursing home" came out of his mouth. I think it was about then that I decided to leave the hospital.

I got myself dressed and all ready to go when a nursing assistant came into my room and caught me. I probably wouldn't have just left, but I could see myself slipping down a hallway if I needed to.

Apparently, Payton is very happy to see me. He's been doing his best to hump me ever since I got back. I put two children's gate up to keep him and his happy dog self the hell away from me. I read that humping you has nothing to do with sex. Yeah right....have you SEEN a dog hard on? Ick, ick, ick. I need to go exercise my remote control. It hasn't been doing much at all now.

:):):)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, been worried about you!1 Have checked twice a day here to see when you would be home!! Hope everything goes alright for you. Slymustanglady

January 06, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hey girl!

I'm here...I wish I had a gun, it wouldn't need to be a big one, just big enough to fit in my mouth. But, I AM here!

:)

January 06, 2009  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

I have been worried about you to. Thought maybe you lost your internet connection or something. I hate that you have been in the hospital and that your hip is cracked...well the bone at least. Sorry for all that. I sure hope you got some good drugs.

Now lets chat about your comment to slymustanglady....not a good idea Meg...you have grandchildren that love you, children that love you and many many readers that love you.

January 06, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Karin,

Yeah, I know. Those kids are what keeps me here. If I was really gonna blow my head off, I wouldn't mention it for fear of being stopped. No seriously suicidal person ever mentions it to others. Thanks for thinking about me, I hated not being able to talk to you guys. It was the worst part of being in the hospital. The best part? Why all those good drugs, of course!

:)

January 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home