.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

In my attempt to keep some...

...sense of holiday spirit around for a few more weeks, I thought that I'd bake a ham. So, I baked a ham. And now I have a 15 lb. spiral ham in the fridge. I don't even know why I bothered baking it. They come cooked. Now a few slices curled over and burned. Even the dog wouldn't eat those ham jerky suckers. But...I can finally listen to my play lists at the bottom of this thing.

I thought that I had done everything to install the speakers and when they didn't work, I assumed that I didn't have a sound card on this cheap thing. I was wrong. Some guy came over last night to check out a spare room I'm planning on renting out to someone in exchange for working like a sonofabitch for me. Poor guy has no idea what he's walking into.

Anyway, we were talking about the computer and I told him what I just told you. He sat at this thing for 2 minutes and found that I had done everything right...except when it came to plugging the speakers into the computer. Apparently the "It wouldn't fit if it wasn't supposed to go there." rule doesn't apply to computers.

So, I've been overdosing on music this morning. And not those hit and miss songs that you hear on the TV music channels, but the songs that I like best. Yee-haa.

I keep wanting to go out at night but I always think about it until I'm so tired that I just go to bed. But today, I'm going to start thinking about it early. The biggest hurdle in the nighttime primping routine is the hair so I think I'll get it out of the way early.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

I was serious about watching It's a Wonderful Life...I know you've seen it before, we all have. Maybe you saw it last week and maybe you saw it in 1982. But...somehow you have to watch it this weekend. I guess if you had to, you could make do with Miracle on 34th Street...but it has to be the original. And for today, I'm celebrating the fact that it's Saturday! That's pretty cool. It doesn't mean that I don't have to work...I always have something to work on. But the article I'm working on right now is waiting for quotes from people who have PR people. Apparently even nobodies have "people". I didn't know that until I started doing this kind of writing, the kind dependent on OTHER people's ideas. I could right an article about anything I wanted to if I didn't have a list of sources from the publisher. I may just go after my own.

Oops...I digested again.

So...it's Saturday and my hair is ready for nothing but a pony tail and I'm not in a pony tail mood so I'm going to go do something with it. Have fun and watch the damn movie. I'm going to celebrate Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home