.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Those are my brother's dogs...

...aren't they beautiful? I want one now. I guess I'll just deal with Payton although I have toyed with the idea of another dog. Then I think that Payton would absolutely hate that because he's used to being the First Mate. I would hate to displace him and shake up his entire world, that's never any fun.

He's such a good dog until someone asks if he does one particular thing. A friend of mine asked me if Payton ate shoes. He never had and I told him that. Then, within an hour, my then 3 year old dog ate his first shoe. And then, my guest had to walk out of my house down a shoe.

Last week I had Payton on a leash inside so he wouldn't jump on an idiot who happened to be in my house at the time. My nimrod of a visitor asked, "Does he like to chew?" Of course I answered, "No, never." There's a reason that I answered so confidently...Payton NEVER chews anything except bones and pig ears that I give him. He wouldn't be out of the kennel if he chewed stuff up. But for some reason, as I answered that question, Payton chewed the leash in two pieces. I was holding on to little more than a loose string. I thought Payton was just being really good but he just totally wasn't there.

I wouldn't ask if he bites. The only honest answer to that question is, "I don't know." And I don't know...maybe he fights the urge to bite every single day of his life and then, sooner or later he'll slip and bite someone. But so far, he never has. Oh, maybe a nip for touching his food or me...but nothing that would break skin, it would just scare the hell out of most people...but no biting...yet.

I am curious to see what he would do if I let him loose on someone. But I can't think of anybody that I dislike that much. I've seen him in attack mode from behind a fence and he didn't look like a happy puppy at all. Most people are intimidated by his size alone...he doesn't have to bark like a homicidal dog...but he has done that.

Damn, I'm suddenly hungry...gotta run.

2 Comments:

Blogger kellie said...

LOL totally cracked me up - sort of the same thing happened to me a few years back. I rescued three kittens and kept them as indoor cats for several years - eventually I let them out with the use of a doggie door - they totally improved my rodent and other vermin issues. They were very cool in the fact that they never ever left headless bodies or heads or guts as token gifts for me. One day a girlfriend came to visit and asked if they left gifts for me like her barn cats did. I said "No - its so nice to have killers and not actually know what they are up to just that there is a drastic improvement in the house/yard area".

Needless to say within hours - there was a headless squirrel at the front door, a half dead somewhat flying maimed bird in the house, a gopher head at the back door - endless proofs of murder......

they hear us.... they are here to replace us... be scared be very very scared :)

January 21, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LMAO! Ya know, I can't help but think he MUST have heard me!

I wonder what happened to the squirrel's head? And the gopher's body?

:)

January 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home