.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Monday!

I bet that it's particularly tough to think about holiday spirit today...especially if your team lost yesterday. But there's a pretty darn good feeling going around the world right now with the whole inauguration thing. Slow down and pay attention or you might forget some of it. If you're young enough, you'll live to see people who only read about this in history books. You'll want to be able to tell those people what it was like, because you'll be Grandma or Grandpa and it'll be your job to tell such stories. You'd be amazed how quickly today will be history...I remember JFK's assassination. Of course, I only remember it because it interrupted Bozo...but I do remember it.

Anyway, That's not what I came here to say, I hate when I get all turned around like this.

OK, some of you may have noticed a short message that I left to my other ex-husband's insane drunk of a wife. It may have seemed somewhat curt and if so, I'm sorry...but that wench really pushed my buttons when she messed with my kids. I'm funny like that.

I've ignored her for 20 years now and for some reason that one can only ruminate over, she is in awe of me. She hasn't turned her attention away from me since she claimed her betrothed...an event that would have been considered statutory rape in most states without her mother's signature...and ever since, she has tried her best to inflict pain upon me in her drunken passive aggressive manner. Since I live a thousand miles away and I hang up when she calls me in a drunken stupor, the only way she can bother me is through my children and I specifically requested that she NOT to do that anymore.

Anyway, I have to write something about that but it probably won't be funny and I'm in such a good mood that I wanted to start off lite instead of going straight into bitch mode. As I've said before, it's not a natural state for me but I know how to get there. And, as Jerry said, "I'm not unskilled...I'm in the union." With age comes great potential for effective iniquitous behavior. But, as I said, it's not in my nature to behave malevolently so I'll work that up in a while...maybe while I'm doing the dishes. Then, after due consideration, I shall return and attempt a direct hit that will have repercussions for years to come. I shall follow up that hit with a few occasional surprise attacks. Then, I'll quickly bore of this and it'll go back to the way it's always been. It almost makes it a waste of my time but only in the same way that changing a shitty diaper is a waste of time. You clean up the shit and then it happens again. In all aspects of life, you have to clean the shit out every so often and that's all I'm doing.

But first, I'd just like to enjoy the new day as it begins with my coffee and a PB&J on toast. I might even read the morning news too. Ah, it IS a very peaceful morning. The only thing interfering with my morning joe is Tony DeFranco. I've got 'A Heartbeat is a Lovebeat' stuck in my head. I hesitate to act without thought because once I did that and I ended up with 'Down in the Boondocks' stuck in my brain. That was supposed to get 'Never on a Sunday' out of my head and I can't figure out which song was more annoying.

If I'm gonna have a song in my head, it should be one without much redundance. I could try 'Blinded by the Light' or 'American Pie'...I think I'll go with 'American Pie'. My theory is that something will interrupt me before I finish the song and then I'll forget where I was and go on about my business. Even if you're interrupted by Jehovah's Witnesses, you can go back to "A heartbeat it's a lovebeat, and when we meet , it's a good sensation".

Well, that's enough brevity for right now. I'll be on my way to do a chore or two and then, as I said, I'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home