.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, March 23, 2009

OK...

...if men can find what they want on Craigslist, maybe I could get what I want. After all...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...right?

So, here's my ad:

I need a bunch of guys with rakes... - (Marietta ) (This ad was removed within 6 minutes of being posted. This is it, for what was I flagged for removal this time?

I need a bunch of guys with rakes... (Marietta )
Reply to:
gigs-xqjqr-1087711355@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-23, 8:36AM EDT

...or a couple of guys with blowers. I'm a girl, I hate yard work and it takes me forever. It's also rather taxing on my nerves and my body. I've noticed that men are rather quick about it so I thought I'd see if I could pick up a crew for next Saturday. I tried it myself, but I just trimmed 5 hedge-trimmer cords, I couldn't start my own stupid blower and last summer I learned what chiggers were when I ended up looking like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia. Boy Scouts are more than welcome but I'm hoping for men between 35 and 55. Although, if you can pull a weed, I guess you'll do. Let me know if next Saturday is good for you.)


Now, if that works, I'll see what I can find in the way of a plumber, a computer whiz and a dude who knows how to get rid of moths. Then, I'll get to work on other stuff.

But, first things first. I just put up my first ad so I'm sort of excited to see what happens. My guess is that I'll get flagged for removal before I have an adequate crew.

Uh oh, I should have found a out door bathroom thing. Oh well, they can go on the side of the house under a bush. Unless of course, they promise to leave the lid down and NOT tinkle on my seat. I hate having to hover over my own toilet.

I think I'll even have a Meg raffle. that's where the guys take off their shirts and stick them in a huge box. Blindfolded and with a clothespin on my nose, I pick a shirt out of the box. Now I just have to decide what the prize will be. This is really turning into a plan!


Let's see how long this one lasts:

I need a bunch of guys with rakes... - (Marietta)

ADDENDUM: Craigslist said that if I felt that my post had been flagged in error, I should “feel free to repost”. I did. That ad lasted 8 minutes. On a site that specializes in con artists and prostitution, you’d think they’d want an honest, straight up ad to be on there…even if it’s just to make them look better. But, apparently the illegitimate ads are PRECISELY want Craigslist wants!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home