.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Malicious Accusery



tea bagging-the act of lowering one's balls onto someones face, or into their mouth while they are laying down. Kind of resembles dipping a tea bag into a hot cup of water. (Source: www.UrbanDictionary.com)

The unkempt Janine Garofolo seems to have some problem with reality, America and a sense of decency...not to mention a lack of the slightest bit of class. She epitomizes the idea that, "If you disagree with them, they will call you racist."

I don't know how long Garofolo has been around but I've been here long enough to remember REAL racism. As a child I saw no point in it, if God made other people, how could we not love them? It made sense to me then. Certainly as an adult with a lifetime of experiences, I remain true to that sentiment. I have NEVER acted with racism in my heart. I like to consider myself rather bright and the way I see it, racism is for morons. Anyone with a triple digit IQ clearly understands the total hypocrisy behind racism. It's also senseless from a selfish point of view, racism is bad for everyone in one way or another. Life is better in America than it was when racism was the norm.

We've come a long way baby and I've been here to witness a bunch of it so I know of what I speak. Racism was clearly evil and there was absolutely no justification for it. I certainly don't want to see that phenomenon to happen again. I agree with Ferris Bueller when he says, "-Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself."

If enough people listen to Garofolo and those of her ilk, I predict that some -ism will come out of it. Even if it's just viewism (a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human philosophies determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own view is superior and has the right to rule others." I do believe Garofolo qualifies as a "viewist" at the very least.

I added the definition of "tea bagging" to this post in case you didn't know what Garofolo meant when she called people who disagree with her "tea baggers". I certainly never knew before Garofolo's most recent obloquy. I find it rather telling that Garofolo knew that word and used it as though it was a fait accompli in her own life.

So, what is the danger in allowing people like Garofolo to say what she said in the video? Not much...except for one thing. I fear that she may adulterate the meaning of a truly obscene, offensive, and unpropitious presupposition. So...I have decided to do my part to remind Garofolo of what racism actually is. Hopefully she'll apply the same logic to her own case of viewism.

Racist...or not? Choose the racist comments.

1. a. Black people have smaller brains than white people.
b. African-Americans played a large part in building this country.

2. a. Black people ARE the missing link!
b. I believe taxes are too high already.

3. a. In my opinion, quotas hurt all people, not just African-Americans.
b. Them niggers got no right to live in my neighborhood!

4. a. To stop young monkeys from jumping on the bed, put Velcro on the ceiling.
b. People who own property feel as though they have a stake in America's success.

5. a. Forcing darkies to the back of the bus.
b. I believe Ronald Reagan will go down in history as one of our greatest Presidents ever.

6. a. If Janine Garofolo was from the old Soviet Union, we'd see her exactly for what she is...a proponent of hatred towards those who happen to disagree with her.
b. To shut up a colored baby, lick his lips and attach them to the wall.

7. a. My father is a stoic republican.
b. Using one of the following appellations in reference to an African-American: nigger, spear chucker, boy, spook, cotton picker, jigaboo, velcro head, knuckle dragger, cocoa puff, burnt cracker, aunt jemima, jungle bunny, spade, darkie, blue gummer, uncle tom, eraser head, monkey, oreo, semi-simian, pickaninny, moolie, spook, tar baby, cotton picker or baboomba.

8. a. Let's go lynch us a jigaboo!
b. I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

9. a. Look at that knuckle dragger run, those darkies sure are fast!
b. Citizens of America are free to dissent over political issues.

10. a. Defining the true meaning of racism using examples.
b. Don't hire anymore moolies, we've met the quota.

OK...do you think you see the difference? Disagreement and racism are not related in anyway, unless of course you disagree with a non-racist. For that Garofolo chick (?) I'll give you the answers to the above racist vs. non-racist quiz:

1. a
2. a
3. b
4. a
5. a
6. b
7. b
8. a
9. a
10.b

Janine, review it and take it again it you must. Also, you might want to get a copy of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech.

4 Comments:

Anonymous John from Indy said...

You know I have read your blog faithfully for 2-3 years. I have tried to avoid the "political" discussions, but I have to take some exception to your latest slam on anything progressive or liberal...Janine G was just making the point that these "tea parties" were nothing but a chance for the republicants to organize a "grass roots" protest against Obama...plain and simple. And were there racists there?? Of course, anytime there is a gathering of Republicans, and we have a black president, there will be people saying stupid racist things. Are all "tea party" protesters racist? No...
Are all tea party protesters stupid? Absolutely. They were pawns being used by the republicants.

Where were these people when Bush was tripling the deficit? Where were these people when Bush did the first bailout? Where were these people when Bush saved AIG? They weren't bitching because he was a good ole republican...

Don't be fooled Meg...you seem smarter than that. The only party in Washington right now that cares about YOU and your plight are the democrats. The republicans don't give a shit about you, about health care for everyone, about aid and assistance for the poor..
They only care about more tax breaks for the wealthy and keeping their hands in the pie.

I'm not saying democrats are the end all, be all, but they are the party that will help YOU....not the republicans. And isn't that what matters the most?

Still love your writing....sorry about your recent problems.

May 12, 2009  
Anonymous Rod said...

Was Ms. G referring to those who protested high taxes by dumping tea into the harbor with Hannity?

May 12, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hi John!

So glad to hear from you! I didn't say anything positive about Republicans, they have caused as much trouble as any other party. My problem was specifically what Gar said, I found it quite offensive. Also, being one who grew up in the 60's and 70's...I question ALL authority, not just the people I didn't vote for. I consider most politicians to be self serving and I don't understand people who like them just because they voted for them. Obama seems like a good man to me, I have nothing against him and I wish him, and US all the luck in the world!

Meg

May 12, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Rod,

I know nothing about that, but I am WELL aware of the facts of the Botson Tea Party and the men who dressed up like Indians...I could go on but I don't want to bore anyone. My take on what she said was that anyone who protested the recent tax bills were racist.

Meg

May 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home