.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

OK...

...it's time to let you in on my little secret.

I'm sitting in my daughter's place right now. She's still sleeping because we had a long, long day yesterday. My day started at 4:50 AM when I overslept through my alarm that I had set for 4:10 AM. I set the alarm at 3 AM and I guess an hour and ten minutes just wasn't enough sleep for me.

I had to get up early because I had a morning flight to Los Angeles. And, since Payton is now considered a "service dog", he flew with me, at my feet, for free. That was cool. Especially the part where they decided that he was too big for coach so they put me and him in first class. I slept the whole way so I can't even comment on the amenities other than to say I did have a big seat so sleeping wasn't as tough as it normally is on a plane.

My daughter and I will be looking for a bigger place today because this place is just too small for two women, a cat and one huge dog. Payton is at my feet right now, very confused about all he's been through over the past day or two. First, the stuff in his house started leaving, then his kitty friends left as I found homes for them. I don't know what was going through Payton's mind but I'm sure it was basically concern for his own future.

I'm not sure what it means, but everywhere we go, Payton takes a dump. He started at my daughter's friend's yard and he didn't stop until I took him for a final walk last night. If LA wasn't full of shit yesterday, it sure as heck is today.

I haven't formed an opinion either since all I've been doing since I got here is shop, clean house and unpack but I do like the fact that there's a marijuana store down the street and I can legally go get myself a golden ticket to get all the weed I want and I don't have to worry about hiding my stash so well after I smoke some that I forget where I put it. I don't have to hide it because it's legal, it's medicinal and it's damn good stuff.

Looking out the window I can see palm trees all over and the Hollywood Hills in the background. I think we're going to have a lovely weekend before I begin life in SoCal.

But first I have to have a huge cup of coffee and clean up some more. As soon as something happens to me in LA, you can be sure that I'll be back to tell you about it!

:)

6 Comments:

Blogger Sous Gal said...

Oh My Gawd Congratulations!!!!!!

September 25, 2009  
Anonymous Wendy in Houston said...

Oh my gosh! I am so happy for you. I thought you were going to Chicago. I am so happy for you that you were able to get to California to be with your daughter. You always amaze me. The whole Payton as a service dog is so cool.

September 25, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks ladies!

I'm a bit taken aback myself. It one week myv planning went from moving to LA to moving to Chicago then to LA again. I figured that my daughter needed me as much as I need her so it's good. I would have gone to Cleveland if I had to if as long as I could be with one of my kids.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

:)

:)

September 25, 2009  
Blogger John said...

Let me add my congrats. Its been quite a week (or month, or year....) but it looks like things are working out for you for a change.

September 26, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks dude!

Actually it's been quite a five years but who's counting? I'm happy to be here and yes, this is certainly the first good thing to happen to me in longer than I care to remember!

Today we're going to to Venice to show Payton the ocean. If anyone out there wants to meet Payton, he'll be on Venice beach today, wearing blaze orange and attached to a woman in a long hippy skirt,

:)

September 27, 2009  
Anonymous Rod said...

Bon voyage! Bon chance! Bon Jovi!
Enjoy!

September 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home