.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Hi!!!

Ready for my injury du jour? The house that I live in has gates in between each room, like the one in the picture below this post. Don't ask me why, I don't know. But I do know that it's easier to step over them than it is to open the antique sons-of-bitches so I do step over them. As some anonymous dude told me years ago, I have "legs all the way up to my ass". I don't know where his legs stop, but mine do, indeed, stop at my ass.

There was a time when my long legs were an asset on the track field, those hurdles were nothing for me. But, I was 16 at the time. You would think that a gate lower than the hurdles would be easy as well, especially considering I wasn't running at the sucker, I was standing still and stepping carefully over the gate. All of a sudden, my big fat broken toe caught the gate and I went down. As with the broken toe, medical help is not in order so I'll just hobble with a broken right toe and a messed up left knee. I'm used to such a life. (By the way, I didn't spill the huge bowl of dog water that I went down with, it was quite an impressive maneuver, actually.)

I do tend to serious injuries, such as the huge bubble in my brain that will, eventually, rupture and leave me dead or worse. So, I went to the doctor yesterday. He's gonna stent and coil that sucker...most likely later next month as the blood from this month's bleed hasn't been completely absorbed yet. Anyway, as Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."

HOURS LATER

Damn y'all! I keep getting pulled from my favorite thing in the world...my blog. I hate that. But I've moved twice, once from Atlanta to Los Angeles and within a year from LA to Chicago. Each time my trip gets lighter as I leave my belongings in state after state. I have stuff in storage on two coasts. I want my shit back. Anyway, this thing is right where I left it and that's cool.

I'm annoyed that I've been in Chi-town for close to a month and I haven't been to a Cubs game. That bites...doesn't it? At this point I'd settle for seeing them lose at Wrigley Field as opposed to winning on TV.

Now that I think of it, I need to go out on a date. I wonder how one goes about doing that in an entirely new city? Well, it's not entirely new but other than one brother, one best friend and sadly, one ex-husband, I'm sort of from out of town in my own hometown. Odd.

I'll wait for a date to happen naturally but I gotta tell ya, I'm about two sex dreams away from an ad on Craigslist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home