.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Fourth Amendment of the Bill of Rights

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

That is the text of the Fourth Amendment of the Bill of Rights. It usually applies to Americans OUTSIDE of an airport. Once an American enters an airport, that particular right is thrown out the window and innocent Americans become subject to searches that most criminals are protected against.

No police officer can stick his or her hands down my pants without due process yet I do not have the right to be free from that particular assault should I choose to visit my grandchildren. By breasts are no longer free from groping nor can I assume that my crotch is a "private part" of my body. Should I refuse to allow strangers to do things to me that most of my dates are not allowed to do, I can be arrested and fined up to $11,000. God Bless America.

This week is the most heavily traveled week of the year and if I were to be traveling, I absolutely would wear a coat over pasties and a thong, then when I got in the "security" line, I would remove my coat and stand proudly. Let the groper du jour figure out what to pat down when I've exposed most of my body to the traveling public. (I suppose if I were a man, I would wear a speedo.)

For some stupid reason, even after being warned, I took a Greyhound Bus to Los Angeles earlier this year. Upon that bus I was terrorized and assaulted by a drunken fool who had been allowed on the bus without passing through so much as one metal detector. Why do you suppose that was allowed to happen? Can't a hijacked bus do damage to innocent people? Could it be that those who don't pay top dollar do not deserve the protection given to airline passengers? I suppose it will take more than one assaulted middle aged woman for Greyhound to decide to protect it's customers but I would hate to think that it will take a hijacked bus crashed into a day care center to begin that protection.

I'm quite surprised that the TSA hasn't begun to grope bus riders, they seem to get such a charge out of it at the airport. It seems to me that there has to be some happy medium between absolutely NO security and the invasive, civil right obliterating searches imposed upon Americans thousands of times every hour at airports across this country.

Thanks to Greyhound and their lax rules, I've lost the hearing in my right ear and I have pain on both sides of my neck daily. After that assault, I do plan on traveling by plane next time where I will be further assaulted. Interesting, isn't it?

Is anyone in this country bright enough to protect Americans without violating the unalienable rights promised to us in the Constitution?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried your idea and got arrested.

November 23, 2010  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

That doesn't make it a bad idea, just an expensive one.

Good job dude!

November 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home